Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Get ready for riding fun with the Kawasaki Super Sherpa.® Built for off-roading, commuting or heading to school, it will fit perfectly into your unique lifestyle. Pick the Super Sherpa for commuting fun. At just 249 pounds (113 kg), it’s ideal for beginning (and experienced) riders who want nimble handling. A low 32.7-inch (830 mm) seat height, electric starting and easy maintenance adds to Super Sherpa’s appeal. Best of all, it’s priced exactly right. You might call it Good Times™ on two wheels.
With its maneuverability, low seat height, electric start function and ease of operation, the lightweight Kawasaki Super Sherpa motorcycle is fun, easy to ride and appeals to a wide range of riders. It’s built to tackle a broad spectrum of terrain, and can be enjoyed on-or-off-road by novice riders who are developing their riding skills. The smart styling, responsive handling and brisk power of the 250cc four-stroke engine agree with more experienced riders as well.
– Air-cooled 249cc, single cylinder DOHC 4-valve , 4-stroke engine develops strong performance in an economical package.
– Electric start and handlebar located choke lever make starting easy.
– Class-leading 4-valve cylinder head delivers better engine breathing, larger valve swept area and a compact combustion chamber over 2-valve competitors.
– Electronic Capacitor Discharge Ignition plus a responsive single 34mm CV carburetor that meters the fuel more precisely for sharp throttle response.
– Features street-legal equipment including headlight, tail light and turn indicators.
– Over 9 inches (229 mm) of smooth progressive wheel travel from the leading-axle long-travel front fork for light off-highway duties.
– With over 10.5 inches (267 mm) of ground clearance, over 7 inches (178 mm) of rear wheel travel from the UNI-TRAK® suspension and a seat height under 33 inches, the Super Sherpa is compact and agile.
– Stainless steel exhaust system is rust and corrosion resistant. It comes standard with a special heat shield guard.
– The dual seat carries two adults while frame-mounted passenger’s footpegs reduce vibration.
– Multi-function digital instruments feature speedometer, clock and dual tripmeters.
Engine type 4-stroke, air-cooled Single
Bore x stroke 72 x 61.2mm
Compression ratio 9.3:1
Valve system DOHC, 4 valves
Carburetion Mikuni BST34
Frame type Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 28°/107 mm (4.2 inches)
Wheelbase 1375 mm (54.1 inches)
Suspension, front 36mm telescopic fork
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with adjustable preload and 20-way rebound damping
Wheel travel, front/rear 230/186 mm (9.1/7.3 inches)
Ground clearance 270 mm (10.6 inches)
Tires, front 2.75-21
Tires, rear 4.10-18
Brakes, front/rear Disc/Disc
Seat height 830 mm (32.7 inches)
Fuel capacity 9.0 L (2.0 gallons)
Dry weight 113 kg (249 pounds)
Colours Olive Green/Ebony
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.