Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Don’t mess with tradition.
Long ago in another time, naked bikes ruled the street. They had big power, upright seating and an attitude tougher than a Texas longhorn. We’ve recreated these traditional virtues with the modern ZRX1200R, descendent of the mighty Eddie Lawson Replica. One look tells you this is no standard motorcycle. Its potent black-finished 1,164cc DOHC liquid-cooled engine, 4-into-1 exhaust, braced alloy swingarm, inverted piggy-back shocks and monstrous 17-inch radials serve notice otherwise.
With its distinctive paint schemes, bridged-aluminum alloy swingarm and four-into-one exhaust, the extremely popular Kawasaki ZRX1200 muscle bike delivers the style and character of an early-1980s factory Superbike, but with modern-day performance. The highly acclaimed ZRX1200R echoes the KZ1000 that Eddie Lawson raced to a Superbike championship in Kawasaki’s early racing years.
– The ZRX1200R’s In-Line Four engine displaces 1,164cc and is very potent thanks to its Ninja® high-performance technology.
– Massive alloy swingarm features huge triangular bracing for enhanced rigidity and bold styling. Eccentric rear axle holders for easy chain adjustment.
– Lightweight, electroplated aluminum cylinders cut weight, help reduce friction and offer more efficient heat dissipation.
– Rubber-isolated engine mounts, a counter-balancer for the heavy-duty crankshaft and an added diaphragm spring for the clutch all help to cut vibration.
– Four free-breathing valves per cylinder, four huge 36mm CVK semi-down-draft carbs, and a 4-into-1 all-stainless steel exhaust system ensure strong naked-bike class performance.
– Kawasaki’s advanced microprocessor-controlled digital ignition — K-TRIC throttle position sensor system — lets the engine pull hard, even from very low engine speeds.
– Huge piggy-back reservoirs on the fully adjustable nitrogen-gas-charged rear shocks reduce heat-induced shock fade. Shocks feature spring preload collar, 4-way rebound adjuster and 4-way compression damping adjuster.
– Large 43mm cartridge-type conventional front fork features 12-way compression and rebound damping adjustment.
– Huge 310mm semi-floating twin front disc brakes with super-strong, opposed 6-piston calipers.
– Analog instruments with centrally-located fuel gauge feature large speedometer and tachometer gauges.
– Kawasaki classic naked styling from the traditional bikini fairing.
2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R – Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $7,899 USD
Canadian MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in CDN
Engine Type: 4-stroke, In-Line Four
Bore & Stroke: 79 x 59.4mm
Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
Valve system: DOHC, 16 valves
Cooling system: Liquid
Fuel system: Keihin CVK36 x 4
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance and K-TRIC
Transmission: 5-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Frame type: Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail: 25°/106 mm (4.2 inches)
Suspension, front: 43mm conventional fork with 12-way compression & rebound damping
Suspension, rear: Dual adjustable gas shocks with piggy-back reservoir, 5-way spring preload and 4-way compression & rebound damping
Tires front: Tubeless radial; 120/70-ZR17
Tires rear: Tubeless radial; 180/55-ZR17
Brakes, front: Dual 310mm semi-floating discs with 6-piston calipers
Brake, rear: Disc with opposed-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 1463 mm (57.6 inches)
Seat height: 790 mm (31.1 inches)
Fuel capacity: 20 litres (4.4 gallons)
Dry weight: 223 kg (492 pounds)
Colours: Candy Lime Green/Galaxy Silver, Candy Lightning Blue/Galaxy Silver
GTPP available 24 or 26 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.