Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Sportbike GSX-R1000 – 2003 GSX-R1000K3
“Best Superbike” – Cycle World Magazine 10 Best “Motorcycle of the Year” – Motorcyclist Magazine
– Sleek bodywork includes aerodynamic front fender, front cowl with vertical headlight, inner rear fender, tail section and fuel tank- all designed for optimum aerodynamics
– Compact instrument cluster features a step-motor-driven analog tach.with rpm indicator light and digital speedometer – also includes LCD odometer-tripmeters, coolant temp., clock and EFI diagnostics
– Bright LED-type taillight and compact turn signal design
– Black-painted aluminum frame is both lightweight and rigid – features adjustable swingarm pivot (kit parts required) plus durable sub-frame design
– Braced aluminum swingarm features extruded arms internally reinforced for strength
– Fully adjustable 43mm inverted forks feature Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coated stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve response – includes cross-mounted steering damper
– Fully adjustable piggy-back shock absorber with an aluminum body and temperature compensating system for more consistent damping performance
– Radially-mounted four-piston front brake calipers reduce flex for strong brake performance and permit use of lightweight 300mm rotors
– Opposed-dual-piston rear brake caliper with 220mm rotor
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels and Bridgestone radial tires.
– Compact 988cc 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine with gear-driven counterbalancer features with unique ventilation system to equalize lower-cylinder pressure and reduce mechanical loss
– Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV)- maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output. Includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS).
– Tapered, double-barrel throttle body design is simple in design with minimal weight
32-bit ECM with 22-trigger pole rpm sensor, provides precise control of ignition timing and injector operation for each cylinder
– Pulsed-air injection system (PAIR) helps reduce emissions
– Internal oil passageways feed hydraulic cam chain tensioner, eliminating external oil lines to minimize weight
– Cylinder head features a narrow 25° included valve angle, creating a compact combustion chamber, high compression ratio and a straight intake tract for high power output
– Ram-air intake ducts are located at the point of highest dynamic air pressure for maximum ram air pressure, charging efficiency and torque output
– Durable SCEM-plated cylinders house new lightweight forged pistons with low-tension rings to reduce friction
– Suzuki Exhaust Tuning System (SET) regulates exhaust back pressure in the exhaust system to suit running conditions and maintain optimum engine torque
– Titanium 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system features larger-volume muffler to improve flow and power without increasing noise level
– Large radiator and high-capacity oil cooler provide maximum cooling efficiency
– Six-speed transmission with high-capacity 19-plate clutch
Engine: 988cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC. 162 hp (119.5 kW)/ 10.800 rpm, 120 Nm/ 8,500 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Bore & Stroke: 73.0 x 59.0mm
Compression ratio: 12.0:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2045mm (80.5 in.)
Overall Width: 715mm (28.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1135mm (44.6 in.)
Seat Height: 830mm (32.3 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1410mm (55.5 in.)
Dry Weight: 168 kg (370 lbs.)
FRONT: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
REAR: Link-type, gas/oil-damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Silver
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.