Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki TL1000R
Sportbike TL1000R – 2003 TL1000RK3
– Powerful 996cc 90° V-twin, DOHC 8-valve, liquid-cooled engine. Engine uses forged pistons and light weight conrods to reduce weight and increase rev capability.
– Electronic dual-stage fuel injection system, fed by ram air intake with larger volume airbox. System is programmed to work with exhaust, intake and ignition settings for higher power output. Includes self diagnostic system with LCD readout.
– Stainless steel exhaust system has increased capacity and reduced back pressure for increased power output. Upswept aluminum mufflers are aerodynamic and provide additional swingarm clearance.
– High efficiency twin-radiator cooling system increases cooling capacity and blends with aerodynamic design of the fairing – includes compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
– Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission.
– Large diameter hydraulic clutch has increased capacity to match engine power plus power assist and back torque limiter for smooth engagement and down shifts.
– Semi-gear driven valve system simplifies maintenance and minimizes cam sprocket size and engine height for optimum engine placement.
– Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates large 40mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves.
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
– Lightweight magnesium valve covers, ignition cover, and sound deadening plastic outer clutch cover.
– Full fairing design with emphasis on aerodynamics and low drag coefficient. All fairing components, including windscreen and tail section, have been designed to reduce drag and turbulence.
– Aluminum spar-type frame, with cast and extruded sections, is lightweight and exceptionally rigid. Features a bolt-on sub-frame to simplify maintenance.
– Bridged-type, aluminum swingarm features an adjustable pivot point on the frame similar to GSX-R750 (requires optional race kit parts – check race regulations for eligibility).
– Fully adjustable 43mm inverted front forks with aluminum triple clamps, steering stem and steering damper.
– Unique rotary damper rear suspension uses separate leverage ratios and linkage for the spring and damper, resulting in a smoother ride and high traction throughout the range of wheel travel. Damping and preload are fully adjustable.
– Powerful 6-piston front brake calipers with 320mm floating brake rotors.
– Lightweight speedo and tach. with LCD displays, twin operation tripmeter and odometer. Coolant temp. display doubles as fuel injection diagnostic display.
– Digital ignition system provides optimum ignition timing with separate maps for each cylinder.
– Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6″ wide rim.
– Hinged fuel tank provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
– Removable passenger seat cover comes as standard equipment.
Engine: 996cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90 degree V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 98.0 x 66.0mm
Compression ratio: 11.7:1
Fuel System: Mikuni/Denso Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: 530 chain
Overall Length: 2100mm (82.6 in.)
Overall Width: 740mm (29.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1120mm (44.0 in.)
Seat Height: 825mm (32.5 in.)
Ground Clearance: 120mm (4.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1395mm (54.9 in.)
Dry Weight: 197kg (434 lbs.) 198kg (436 lbs.) CA. model
FRONT: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
REAR: Rotary damping system, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: 190/50 ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Yellow/Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.