2006 Kawasaki KDX50
Back to 2006 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Kawasaki KDX50
2006 Kawasaki KDX50
A first bike should be a memorable experience, so Kawasaki has made the KDX™50 pleasing to young eyes and gave it simple controls so learning to ride is easier.
The KDX50 is equipped with a host of features designed to help new riders learn the fundamentals of motorcycle riding, including a single-speed transmission with automatic clutch. As safety is always paramount, adult supervision is made easy with an adjustable power limiter that allows parents to control their child’s speed and progress.
The two-stroke, 49cc engine boasts an exceptionally smooth powerband, which is important for kids who are learning throttle control. In addition, the KDX50 features height-adjustable suspension, which allows the seat height to be raised one inch to keep up with growing riders. Plus, front and rear drum brakes give the KDX50 ample stopping power, while full knobby tires provide necessary off-road traction.
Starting the KDX50 is a breeze, thanks to a digital CDI ignition and child-sized kick-starter. A convenient automatic oil injection system eliminates the need to use premixed gasoline for this little two-stroke. Like the larger displacement KDX motorcycles, the KDX50 comes standard with a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor.
Bodywork and design on the KDX50 are nothing short of stylish, with a 0.53-gallon motocross-inspired plastic fuel tank and fenders covered in Kawasaki Lime Green plastic.
Engine: Two-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x stroke: 41.0 x 37.9mm
Carburetion: Mikuni VM12SC
Compression ratio: 5.9:1
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Single-speed automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Front suspension / wheel travel: Telescopic, two-way height adjustable / 2.8 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Twin shock, two-way height adjustable / 2.0 in.
Front tire: 2.50-10-2pr
Rear tire: 2.50-10-2pr
Front brake / rear brake: Mechanical drum / Mechanical drum
Overall length: 49.0 in.
Overall width: 23.4 in.
Overall height: 28.7 in.
Ground clearance: 4.5 in.
Seat height: 18.9 in.
Dry weight: 84 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 0.53 gal.
Wheelbase: 33.9 in.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green / Black
*Specifications are subject to change.
– Air-cooled, two-stroke engine features automatic oil injection, eliminating the need to premix gasoline
– Built-in throttle limiter and removable power reduction plate in the exhaust helps adults regulate speed
– Single-speed transmission and automatic clutch inspires confidence in young riders
– Digital CDI ignition provides easy, no-hassle kick starting and requires no maintenance
– Height-adjustable suspension allows seat height to be raised so bike can grow with the rider
– Telescopic front forks and twin rear shocks provide comfortable ride
– Front and rear mechanical drum brakes give ample stopping power
– U.S Forest Service-approved spark arrestor comes standard
– Plastic fuel tank, fenders, number plates and footpegs are inspired by Kawasaki’s race-winning KX™ motocross bikes
MSRP $1,199 USD