2007 Honda CRF230F
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda CRF230F
2007 Honda CRF230F
With electric starting, long-travel suspension and the dependable power of a 223cc four-stroke engine, the CRF230F is the ideal bike for recreational users who are discovering the world of off-road riding.
Features & Benefits
– Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and torque spread over a wide rpm-range.
– 26mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
– Electric start for ease of starting.
– Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
– Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm first in its class.
– Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
– 37mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.5 inches of suspension travel.
– Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 9.0 inches of travel.
– Pro-Link® rear suspension rides on needle bearings for smooth action and durability.
– Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
– Powerful 240mm front disc brake.
– Lightweight rear drum brake.
– Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
– CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road standards.
– Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable, and allows maximum rider movement.
– Large 2.2-gallon plastic fuel tank and thrifty four-stroke engine for long range.
– Easily detachable number plate.
– High-impact plastic skid-plate protects lower engine cases.
– Folding shift lever.
– Reusable foam air filter for reduced maintenance costs.
– Front and rear steel sprockets for durability.
– High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
– Extra-wide-cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs and brake pedal for secure footing.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– Maintenance-free sealed battery.
– Keyed ignition switch.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
Engine Type: 223cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 65.5mm x 66.2mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Carburetion: 26mm piston-valve
Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
Front: 37mm leading-axle Showa fork; 9.5 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustability; 9.0 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 54.1 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.3°
Trail: 112mm (4.4 inches)
Seat Height: 34.1 inches
Ground Clearance: 11.7 inches
Dry Weight: 238 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gallons, including 0.4-gallon reserve
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.