2007 Honda VT750 Shadow Aero
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda VT750 Shadow Aero
2007 Honda VT750 Shadow Aero
Athletic handling, a big-bike look and feel, unique retro-styling, a low seat and an attractive price make the Aero the perfect choice for discerning riders who demand more for less.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
– New Pearl White, Pearl Black/Metallic Titanium and Black/Red Pinstripe colors join Metallic Silver/Pearl White and classic Black.
– 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
– Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
– Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
– Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
– Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
– Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
– Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
– Reliable electric starting system.
– Ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
– Air-injection system reduces emissions by injecting air into the exhaust ports to ensure complete combustion.
– Sleek two-into-one exhaust system encloses two fully independent pipe and silencer sets in a single long, large-diameter case.
– Innovative frame design features large, steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
– Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
– Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
– Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
– Large-section tires are mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chrome rims. The front end features a fat 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
– Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank for classic retro styling.
– Tank-mounted speedometer features an attractive chrome instrument housing.
– Instrument lights mounted inside meter for optimum visibility.
– Chrome highlights include: cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
– Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
– Handlebar is positioned low and wide for a comfortable feel, and is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
– Broad, low-slung solo seat with detachable passenger seat.
– Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
– Classically styled and powerful 60w/55w halogen headlight.
– Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
– Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
– Touring accessories:
Custom Windshield, Backrest with Pad (Tall and Low) and Rear Carrier (Square Tube).
– Chrome accessories:
Backrest Trim (Tall and Low), Lightbar, Spotlight Visors, Front Fender Guard Rail, Rear Fender Guard Rail, Radiator Guard, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Trim, Rear Fender Trim, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Seat Trim Rail, Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Driveshaft Cover and Master Cylinder Cap (Chrome and Chrome Billet).
– Leather accessories:
Saddlebags (Plain, Studded and Fringed), Front Pouch (Plain, Studded and Fringed), Touring Bag (Plain, Studded and Fringed) and Tank Belt (Plain and Studded).
– Additional accessories:
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 34mm constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: 180mm drum
Wheelbase: 64.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 34°
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.9 inches
Dry Weight: 519.4 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: Pearl White, Pearl Black/Metallic Titanium, Black/Red Pinstripe, Metallic Silver/Pearl White, Black
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.