2007 Kawasaki KX250
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki KX250
2007 Kawasaki KX250
Two-stroke fun returns for another year
The 2007 Kawasaki KX™250 answers the call for those who love the smell of premix and the sound of a two-stroke’s wail. Featuring a powerful 249cc, liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine wrapped in a lightweight perimeter style frame, the KX250 offers explosive acceleration and maximum agility.
The KX250’s chassis includes a strong, lightweight Renthal aluminum handlebar, aluminum subframe and the rear shock features dual compression adjustability so riders have maximum tuning options for both low- and high-speed compression damping. Up front, the Kayaba AOS fork has a one-piece sleeve for plush suspension action at full compression.
The KX250 has excellent stopping power, thanks to its petal-style disc brakes. Not only are they lighter than a traditional disc, their shape also helps to clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance when conditions get nasty.
Kawasaki offers optional parts for the KX250, including carburetor tuning parts, ignition rotors, a larger countershaft sprocket, aluminum and steel rear sprockets, solid brake discs for wet racing conditions and a 20-inch front wheel.
Those who race their KX250 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft and utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,500 independent retailers, with an additional 8,400 retailers specializing in power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 2,400 people in the United States, with more than 450 of them located at the Irvine, California headquarters.
Kawasaki’s tagline, “Let the good times roll.™”, is recognized worldwide and the brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasaki’s complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com.
– Powerful and lightweight 249cc two-stroke liquid-cooled engine
– Piston profile helps to reduce mechanical noise
– Reed valve stopper improves low-rpm response and scavenging efficiency by facilitating airflow through the third scavenging port
– High-flow water-pump impeller boosts coolant circulation for more consistent high-rpm and over-rev performance
– Primary gear is secured using a key and lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
– High-capacity silencer ensures the KX250 meets strict noise emission standards
– Long-fiber silencer packing is durable and requires less maintenance
– Renthal aluminum handlebar is strong and lightweight
– Front and rear petal disc brakes help to reduce unsprung weight
– Petal-shaped discs help to clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
– Rear shock features dual compression adjustability so riders have tuning options for both low-speed and high-speed compression damping
– Kayaba AOS (Air-Oil-Separate) fork features a one-piece plastic sleeve inside the fork tubes to improve suspension action at full compression
– Aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and black graphics are matched by a two-tone seat
– Front and side number plates feature factory graphics
– Carburetor tuning parts
– Different inertia magneto rotors
– Larger countershaft sprocket
– 20-inch front wheel
– Solid brake discs for wet racing conditions
– Aluminum and steel rear sprockets
– Optional fork and shock springs
– Steel spoke nipples
– Front and rear wheel assemblies
Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
Bore x stroke: 66.4 x 72.0mm
Carburetion: Keihin PWK38S with Power Jet
Induction: Piston reed valve
Compression ratio: 10.5 (low speed) – 9.1 (high speed):1
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Perimeter style, high-tensile steel with aluminum subframe
Rake / trail: 26 degrees / 4.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 48mm inverted cartridge-type telescopic fork with 16-way compression and rebound damping / 11.8 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® linkage system with 18-way low-speed compression and 2-turn high-speed compression damping, plus 16-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 12.2 in.
Front tire: 80/100-21 51M
Rear tire: 110/90-19 62M
Front brake: Single semi-floating 250mm petal disc with dual-piston caliper
Rear brake: Single 240mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
Overall length: 86.0 in.
Overall width: 32.1 in.
Overall height: 49.8 in.
Ground clearance: 13.4 in.
Seat height: 38.0 in.
Dry weight: 213.9 lbs.
Wheel base: 58.3 in.
Fuel capacity: 2.2 gal.
Color: Lime Green / Black