2007 Kawasaki KX65
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki KX65
2007 Kawasaki KX65
The first step on the path of a champion
Once a young rider has mastered the basics of motorcycle riding, they’ll often want to try their hand at racing. The Kawasaki KX™65 is made just for them.
From a small group of friends in a vacant field, to fully-sanctioned motocross races, the KX65 is a perfect platform for developing racecraft and honing bike control skills. With its liquid-cooled, high-performance two-stroke engine, full-race chassis, long-travel suspension and disc brakes, the smallest KX model is an ideal starting point for young riders wishing to emulate their Supercross heroes.
The heart of the KX65 is a liquid-cooled, 64cc two-stroke engine matched to a smooth-shifting six-speed manual transmission and manual clutch.
The engine is bolted into a semi-double-cradle steel frame, and like the larger KX models, the KX65’s swing arm uses the UNI-TRAK® linkage system, which applies progressively stiffer damping and spring rates to the single rear shock as the suspension is compressed. The shock and fork boast four-way adjustable rebound damping for optimal handling.
Lightweight aluminum rims reduce unsprung weight to help improve suspension action, and both wheels feature hydraulic disc brakes that not only provide great stopping power, but require little maintenance and simplify wheel removal. Plus, the KX65 features a two-tone seat, just like larger KX models.
Youngsters who race their KX65 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft and utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,500 independent retailers, with an additional 8,400 retailers specializing in power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 2,400 people in the United States, with more than 450 of them located at the Irvine, California headquarters.
Kawasaki’s tagline, “Let the good times roll.™”, is recognized worldwide and the brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasaki’s complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com.
– Digital ignition offers ideal timing for better response across the rev range
– Magneto with lower inertial moment improves low-rpm response
– Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets – the unitized piece is small, light and durable
– High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark; the punchier response gives an improved acceleration feeling
– Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
– Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
– A stopper has been added to the oil seal of the left crankcase for increased engine reliability
– Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover, water pump cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing
– Advanced exhaust and transfer ports for increased power and performance at higher rpm
– Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for improved reliability and resistance to seizure
– Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently
– Large radiator provides more even-running temperatures, keeping the power output consistently strong
– Provides greater reliability
24mm Mikuni Carburetor
– Feeds a four-petal reed valve for excellent throttle response
– Allows the engine to produce more power and torque at all rpm
– Positive action and rugged durability
– Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear
– Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models
– Clutch cover gasket now made of metal-carbon composite material
High-tensile Steel Frame
– The same strong, light, high-tech material as used on bigger KX bikes
– Exceptional torsional rigidity for superior handling
– Reinforced downtube for increased durability
– Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Features rising-rate action: as the suspension compresses, the spring and damping strength increase progressively for a more controlled ride
– Four-way adjustable rebound damping improves handling on rough tracks
– Rebuildable aluminum body
– External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping
– Four clicks of rebound-damping adjustment accommodate different riding styles and terrain
– Rocker arm made from forged aluminum to reduce weight and improve durability
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Light and powerful
– Revised front brake lever shape offers better feel
– Resist fading
– Require less lever pressure
– Reduce unsprung weight for improved suspension action
Detachable Aluminum Silencer
– Silencer is removable from the exhaust pipe and the packing is replaceable
– Oval shape mimics the styling of larger-displacement KX models
– Two-tone seat pattern and graphics just like larger KX models
Engine: Two-stroke single
Bore x stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
Induction: Four-petal reed valve
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 2.4 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4
Front tire: 60/100×14
Rear tire: 80/100×12
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 62.6 in.
Overall width: 29.9 in.
Overall height: 37.6 in.
Ground clearance: 12.0
Seat height: 29.9 in.
Dry weight: 125.6 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
Color: Lime Green / Black