2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic
KAWASAKI VULCAN® 2000: MASSIVE POWER WITH A STRIKING PRESENCE
Avant garde Vulcan styling meets 125ci of V-Twin Muscle
Riders seeking something more from their motorcycle need look no further than Kawasaki’s awe-inspiring Vulcan® 2000 cruiser. With a massive presence and 2,053cc of rumbling V-Twin muscle, the 2000 has been heralded by media and owners alike as a perfect combination of power, style, and superb craftsmanship.
Forging its own styling path, the Vulcan 2000 Classic features a powerful four-bulb, projector-type headlight encased in a signature chrome nacelle. A chrome instrument panel with large-face speedometer is mounted on a stretched flange-free fuel tank, and the V-shaped panel keeps the rider informed with an LCD display and warning lamps. The bucket-type saddle with locking passenger seat complements the Vulcan 2000 Classic’s long, curving silhouette while providing all-day riding comfort.
The Vulcan 2000 Classic’s massive cylinders feature a black matte finish with polished cooling fins that provide a dramatic contrast. A push rod design reduces the 125 cubic inch engine’s height, which directly contributes to the Vulcan 2000 Classic’s low center of gravity and relatively low seat height. Cruiser enthusiasts will appreciate the classic V-twin sound emanating from the Vulcan 2000 Classic’s dual polished mufflers, thanks to its single-pin crankshaft, while dual counter balancers and rubber engine mounts keep it running smoothly.
Sub-throttle valves and fine atomizing injectors help the Vulcan 2000 Classic’s fuel injection provide a smooth, linear power band with increased power and optimum fuel economy.
The Vulcan 2000 Classic rides on bright, cast aluminum 16-inch wheels with a 150/80 front radial tire and a huge, 200/60 rear radial tire. Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and a single rear disc brake with two-piston caliper bring this big cruiser to smooth, powerful stops.
– 2,053cc, 125 cu. in. 52° V-twin, four-stroke engine produces massive torque across the entire rpm range
– Forged pistons and alloy connecting rods are strong and light weight
– Huge 220mm flywheel smoothes power delivery
– Push-rod valve actuation contributes to lower engine height, low center of gravity and relatively low seat height
– Hydraulic valve adjusters reduce maintenance
– Engine Control Unit (ECU) manages electronic fuel injection and digital ignition system optimize throttle response
– Fuel injection system features sub throttle valves for a smooth, linear power band
– Fuel injection system’s fine atomizing injectors deliver ultra-fine fuel/air mixture for greater combustion efficiency, increased power and optimum fuel economy
– Center spark plugs enhance combustion for smooth, consistent power and reduced emissions
– Liquid and air cooling maintain consistent operating temperatures
– Engine and transmission feature built-in oil and water pumps, reducing the number of parts and reducing weight
– Single-pin crank for the desirable power-pulse feel and classic V-twin sound
Transmission / Final Drive
– A gear position sensor in the five-speed transmission sends signals to the ECU, further enhancing fuel injection and ignition performance
– Belt final drive is smooth, quiet, reliable and low maintenance
Frame and Suspension
– Steel double-cradle frame features large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone for strength
– Engine is utilized as a stressed member of the frame to minimize chassis weight
– Steel tube swingarm is simple and elegant
– Direct-action single shock features spring preload and rebound damping adjustment with 3.9 inches of travel for a smooth ride
– Large 49mm forks provide precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel
Wheels and Tires
– 7-spoke, 16-inch cast aluminum wheels add to the Vulcan 2000 Classic’s high-quality look
– 200/60R series rear tire is the largest stock tire size fitted to a mass-produced V-twin cruiser
– Radial tires enhance handling and give the Vulcan 2000 Classic a firm, “planted” feel
– Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and single rear disc brakes provide smooth, powerful stops
– Stylish Nacelle headlight cover gives the Vulcan 2000 Classic a high-class look
– Powerful, four-bulb projector-type headlights brighten the road for nighttime rides
– “Stretched” 5.5-gallon fuel tank provides for long-distance road trips
– Chrome instrument panel keeps the rider informed with a large-face speedometer, LCD display and warning lamps
– Bucket-type front seat and sleek passenger seat provide all-day rider comfort and style
Engine: Four-stroke, 52-degree V-twin, dual cams, eight valves
Bore x Stroke: 103mm x 123.2mm
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Maximum Torque: 141 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
Cooling: Liquid, plus cooling fins
Induction: Digital fuel injection, dual 46mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
Frame: Steel, double-cradle with box-section single-tube backbone
Rake / Trail: 32 degrees / 7.2 in.
Suspension, Front / Wheel Travel: 49mm telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Suspension, Rear / Wheel Travel: Triangulated steel tube swingarm with direct-action single shock, fully-adjustable spring preload, eight-way rebound damping / 3.9 in.
Front Tire: 150/80-16
Rear Tire: 200/60-16
Brakes, Front Dual 300mm discs with four-piston calipers
Brakes, Rear: 320mm disc with dual-piston caliper
Overall Length: 99.8 in.
Overall Width: 40.4 in.
Overall Height: 45.5 in.
Ground Clearance: 5.3 in.
Seat Height: 26.8 in.
Dry Weight: 750 lbs.
Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal.
Wheelbase: 68.3 in.
Colors: Two-Tone: Ebony / Pearl Meteor Gray