2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
KAWASAKI’S VULCAN® 900 CLASSIC LT OFFERS LUXURY CRUISING FEATURES IN AN AFFORDABLE MID-SIZE PACKAGE
Fully-loaded cruiser is ready for open road adventures
The Kawasaki Vulcan® 900 Classic LT motorcycle takes the class-leading attributes of its Vulcan 900 Classic sibling and ups the ante with additional custom touring features and enhanced style. Kawasaki accessorizes the Vulcan 900 LT with saddlebags, a special seat, passenger backrest and an adjustable windshield. The only add-on that doesn’t show-up on the showroom hang-tag is the riding enjoyment that this new Vulcan addition will provide its owners.
This mid-size entry from Kawasaki not only delivers the same excellent riding characteristics as the Vulcan 900 Classic –featuring a category-leading 903cc engine displacement combined with “big-bike” look and feel– but does it with eye-catching features for riders that think touring represents the ultimate get-away.
The stylish saddlebags are made of reinforced top grain cowhide that has been carefully selected to minimize leather flaws and deep-dyed so the finish can’t be scraped off. These perfectly sized bags provide a slant-top opening, fastened with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps that feature chrome buckles and quick release stealth fasteners. Rounding out the look of these bags is an embossed Vulcan logo on the reinforced, dual panel lids, and chrome plated brass stud accents. Helping to protect both the bags and their contents are metal reinforced upper edges to help maintain shape, and rolled and riveted top lids to help keep unwanted moisture out.
The rider’s seat and passenger backrest combine to offer both comfort and a look that allows the Classic LT to take its place among the most stylish motorcycles on the highway. The seat is detailed with chrome plated brass studs to match the bags, while the classic, tombstone-shaped passenger backrest sports identical studding. In addition to comfortable seating, this long, low cruiser offers some serious wind protection; thick, optically correct acrylic plastic is used in a windscreen that’s shaped to smooth airflow around the rider.
In addition to appreciating the 900 Classic LT’s good looks, riders will find themselves enjoying a ride that was previously found only on larger cruisers. Based on much of what has propelled acceptance of the Kawasaki’s Vulcan 2000, the Vulcan 900 models deliver exceptional roll-on acceleration, easy maneuverability, and performance the equal of larger displacement competitors.
The Vulcan 900 Classic LT employs a low-maintenance belt drive to keep the overall weight down and improve rear-end styling. Any mention of rear-end styling has to include this unit’s use of a large, 180mm wide rear tire, and largest in the category. The beefy, “big-bike” look inherited with the larger tire adds to the guttural, classic V-twin sound that is produced by the use of a single-pin crankshaft. Both look and sound evoke the feel of a much larger motorcycle.
The Vulcan 900’s larger look and feel need not exclude any potential rider. The low seat height makes it accessible for shorter riders and its tapered and studded seat design flows comfortably into the tank. The lower chassis rails also provide a narrowed shape, which makes it comfortable for all riders.
Equally at home around town or when the open road calls, this motorcycle is built for hour after hour of touring pleasure. The combination of wide handlebars and an ideal relationship between the bars, seat, and floorboards offer an extremely comfortable mount for any motorcyclist.
The Vulcan 900 Classic LT is available in the following two-tone color combinations: Candy Fire Red / Metallic Titanium or Ebony / Galaxy Silver. With either selection, the Classic LT owners will be noticed by everyone they pass along the highway.
– 903cc V-twin SOHC engine tuned to deliver lots of torque from low rpm
– Smooth and reliable
– Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without heavy vibration
Four-valve Cylinder Head
– Better breathing for more power and low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
– Extremely efficient intake tracts feature ports that narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling and increased torque
– Long intake tracts for great low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
– Finned cylinders and head combine with liquid cooling to provide exception thermal control
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
– Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
– Includes temperature warning light
Concealed Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Maintains precise valve timing
– Maintenance Free
– Assures greater reliability
– Hidden from view to preserve the engine’s clean, basic look
– Eliminates engine vibration at all speeds
Dual Slash-Cut Mufflers
– Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain honeycomb catalyzers to reduce emissions
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first gear at a stop to find neutral easy, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
– Dual throttle bodies with sub throttles provide optimum performance and rideability
– The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valve, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI system retains more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
– Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better acceleration and fuel consumption
– Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
– More efficient so more power reaches the rear wheel
– Low maintenance and low noise
Double Cradle Frame
– Large-diameter box section backbone is very rigid, allows use of a larger fuel tank, and helps contribute to high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
– Triangular swingarm looks like a hardtail design
– Single rear shock hidden beneath the seat
– Long and low for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
– Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
– Long wheelbase adds to highway stability
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Gives you the information you need at-a-glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
Push-to-Cancel Turn Signals
– No fumbling, just a simple push on the switch cancels the turn signals
41mm Front Fork
– Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
– 32 degrees rake angle for excellent straight line ability
– Wide fork pitch for classic look
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– A 272mm front and 242mm rear disc have twin-piston calipers for great power and feel
Spoke Custom Wheels
– Chromed steel rims and spokes
– “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
Wide Rear Tire
– 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
– Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
– Thick optically correct acrylic plastic windscreen is shaped for smooth airflow and cruiser style
– Strong chrome plated steel supports
– Adjustable height
– Made of reinforced top grain cowhide that is carefully selected with minimal flaws and deep dyed so that the finish can’t be scraped off
– Slant top opening lid, with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps, chrome buckles and quick release stealth fasteners
– Dual panel lid construction with embossed Vulcan logo detail
– One-half inch diameter chrome plated brass stud accents
– Metal reinforced upper edge so bags hold their shape
– Rolled and riveted top lid minimizes water entry
– Classic tombstone shape
– Strong chrome plated steel supports
– Pad cover detailed with chrome plated brass studs
Low Stepped Seat
– Ultra-low 26.8-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both feet on the ground at stops
– Laid-back riding comfort for two
– Detailed with ½-inch diameter chrome plated brass studs
Engine: 4-Stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, V-twin
Displacement: 903cc / 55.1 cu.in.
Bore x stroke: 88.0 x 74.2mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Maximum torque: 60.8 lb/ft @ 3,700 rpm
Fuel Injection: EFI with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
Final drive: Belt
Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 6.3 in.
Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Track® swingarm / 4.1 in.
Front tire: 130/90×16
Rear tire: 180/70×15
Front brake / rear brake: Single 272mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper / 242mm hydraulic disc
Overall length: 97.0 in.
Overall width: 39.6 in.
Overall height: 58.3 in.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Dry weight: 595.4 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
Color choices: Candy Fire Red / Metallic Titanium, Ebony / Galaxy Silver