2007 Suzuki RM250
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki RM250 – Desktop Sized Media Photos to come soon
– 2007 Suzuki RM250
2007 Suzuki RM250
Superior Fire Power
The ’07 Suzuki RM250 was awesome, dominating magazine shootouts and racetracks around the nation with unmatched performance and laser sharp handling.
Of course, when our engineers get on a roll, there’s no stopping them. They’ve refined the suspension for class leading balance with emphasis on both cornering and straight line performance. Plus, Renthal tapered aluminum handlebars come as standard equipment!
The best thing about this year’s RM250, though, is what stays the same. It still offers a better combination of power and handling than any competitor on the track. And that’s a winning combination you can use to take home the gold!
Click here to find out about all the great support you get when you race a Suzuki RM or RM-Z
– New seat now features textured side panels for maximum rider control
– Redesigned cylinder exhaust ports to improve power and torque output at mid-high rpm range and maximum roll on acceleration – Main exhaust ports are enlarged to 42.6mm – Sub-exhaust ports are re-shaped to be narrower and shorter – Port timing is advanced by 0.5mm
– Engine placement has been revised by tilting the engine slightly forward in the chassis. As a result the drive sprocket is now 3mm higher, resulting in a more stable movement of the swingarm and improved rear wheel traction in the whoops.
– Front and rear suspension settings are revised to work with new drive sprocket position and for improved traction
– Front fork upper holder is now removed for reduced weight
– 249cc, two-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve intake engine has 66.4mm x 72.0mm bore and stroke
– Digital CDI to match ignition timing to throttle opening for strong response
– Six speed transmission with heavy-duty multi-plate clutch.
– Strong and lightweight single backbone, chrome-moly steel frame combined with rectangle cross section aluminum alloy swingarm for maximum strength and minimal weight
– Renthal tapered aluminum handlebars with Renthal-labeled handlebar pad – lighter than standard bars – rubber-mounted to reduce vibration
– Showa 47mm inverted dual-chamber forks are fully adjustable and built with an emphasis on better cornering and straight line performance. Compression and rebound damping valve settings are set for smooth mid-stroke movement and maximum overall suspension balance
– Showa piggyback reservoir shock absorbers are fully adjustable for high & low speed compression damping, rebound damping and preload with 12.2 inches of wheel travel
Engine: 249cc, two-stroke, single cylinder, liquid cooled, AETC, piston reed
Bore Stroke: 66.4 x 72.0mm
Compression Ratio: 8.6:1/10.4:1
Fuel System: KeihinT PWK38S
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final Drive: #520 chain
Overall Length: 2170mm (85.4 in.)
Overall Width: 830mm (32.7 in.)
Overall Height: 1280mm (50.4 in.)
Seat Height: 950mm (37.4 in.)
Ground Clearance: 350mm (13.8 in.)
Wheelbase: 1465mm (57.9 in.)
Dry Weight: 96kg (212 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Telescopic, 22 compression & 20 rebound settings, 12.2 inches (310mm) of wheel travel
Suspension Rear: Link-type, spring preload fully-adjustable, 4 high-speed, 16 low-speed compression settings, 19 rebound settings 12.2 inches (310mm) of wheel travel
Brakes Front: Single hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 80/100-21 51M
Tires Rear: 110/90-19 62M
Fuel Tank Capacity: 8.0 liter (2.1 gal.)
All Specifications and features are subject to change