2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
– 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2007 V-Strom 1000
The V-Strom 1000 is dedicated to the simple concept that every road should be open for adventure. With its one-of-a-kind combination of features, the V-Strom is engineered to perform with style and comfort across town – or help you enjoy the excitement of a tight, twisty two-lane country road. With its outstanding overall performance and versatility, the V-Strom is the perfect choice for the sport-adventure rider.
Wherever you ride, you’ll appreciate the V-Strom’s 90-degree V-twin engine, providing incredible low-end and mid-range torque for thrilling acceleration. Its rigid chassis and advanced suspension combine for outstanding handling on a variety of roads. At the same time, it’s designed for smooth, comfortable highway cruising, so every weekend you’ll be looking for a new adventure.
With the 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000, the excitement is just beginning.
– New clear turn signal lenses for a sporty image and new swingarm pivot covers for a smoother surface on the frame.
– Liquid-cooled, 996cc, 90 degree V-twin, DOHC 8-valve, engine – tuned for strong low & mid-range torque
– Electronic fuel injection features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) – maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and improved engine torque
– Auto Fast Idling System (AFIS), automatically sets throttle valve opening during cold engine starts by monitoring coolant temperature
– Digital ignition system provides optimum ignition timing with separate maps for each cylinder
– Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates 36mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves, plus valve timing with emphasis on low-rpm power
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation
– Wide-ratio 6-speed transmission with 6th gear over-drive and wide-diameter hydraulic clutch for a light pull at the clutch lever
– High-efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature – includes compact oil cooler
– Lightweight magnesium valve covers, ignition cover, and sound-deadening plastic outer clutch cover
– High-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum mufflers tuned to enhance engine torque output
– PAIR – air injection system reduces CO and HC emissions – California model equipped with catalyst in exhaust to further reduce emissions
– Black-painted frame and swingarm for stylish appearance
– Sport-styled front fairing for wind protection, plus large comfortable seat, engine guard, and hand guards – fairing includes large multi-reflector 60/55W headlights
– Height-adjustable windshield for increased wind protection and comfort – can be adjusted to three positions in a 50mm vertical range
– Easy-to-read instruments with large speedometer and tach dials, plus LCD display for fuel level, engine temperature, odometer, tripmeters and clock
– Standard hand guards designed for maximum wind protection
– Engine undercover shaped for ample ground clearance and sleek appearance
– Large rear luggage rack with rubber-padded platform to help keep bags and luggage in place
– Aluminum twin-spar frame and aluminum swingarm are lightweight, compact and rigid – bolt-on sub-frame simplifies maintenance
– Cartridge-style 43mm front fork with adjustable preload provides 6.3 inches of wheel travel for a comfortable ride
– Link-type rear suspension features a piggyback-style shock absorber with adjustable rebound damping and a knob-operated hydraulic preload adjuster – 6.3 inches of wheel travel
– Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 260mm rotor and single-piston caliper
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels – F: 2.50 x 19 with 110/80R-19 radial tire, R: 4.0 x 17 with 150/70R-17 rear tire
– Large 5.8 gallon fuel tank for long-range operation
From the Press Release:
The Suzuki V-Strom 1000 offers traditional looks, modern engineering and, in turn, unmatched value.
No doubt, its class-leading features and championship-winning technology – Suzuki DNA — place it many steps above the competition. The V-Strom 1000 is also the only 50 cubic inch Boulevard to come equipped with stylish cast aluminum wheels.
The C50 comes equipped with Suzuki’s multi-championship-winning electronic fuel injection system. This modification brings a whole new level of performance to the 45-degree, 50-cubic-inch V-Twin engine.
The Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, multi-hole injectors and 32-bit ECU from the GSX-R series provide the C50 with easier starting, improved mileage and smoother throttle response.
Nostalgic styling cues include a classic 4.1-gallon fuel tank, wide fenders and a unique tribal style paint scheme. Dual staggered exhaust system, full-size floor boards with heel/toe shifter, and multi-reflector headlamp and turn signals enhance the overall package. Convenient hazard lamp and headlamp passing switches are standard.
V-Strom 1000 Features Include:
– New fuel gauge added to the speedometer
– Updated front brake master cylinder, brake lever, clutch lever, and handlebar switch design
– Stylish cast aluminum wheels for an impressive overall look
– GSX-R-derived electronic fuel injection for better throttle response, improved fuel consumption and smooth power delivery
– Special Tribal paint scheme combined with a studded seat and Boulevard logo on the seat.
– Utilizing exhaust catalyzer and PAIR system for better emissions control
– Dual-staggered exhaust and floor boards with heel-toe shift lever
– Comfortably wide saddle is low to the ground so most riders can be flat-footed at stops
– Multi-reflector headlamp and turn signals and hazard lamp and headlamp passing switches provide good looks and convenience
Engine: 996cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90 degree V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 98.0 x 66.0mm
Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2295mm (90.4 in.)
Overall Width: 910mm (35.8 in.)
Overall Height: 1395mm (54.9 in.)
Seat Height: 840mm (33.1 in.)
Ground Clearance: 165mm (6.5 in.)
Wheelbase: 1535mm (60.4 in.)
Dry Weight: 208kg (458 lbs.); 210 kg (462 lbs.) CA. model
Suspension Front: Telescopic, cartridge-type, oil damped, adjustable preload
Suspension Rear: Link-type, adjustable spring preload and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 110/80R-19
Tires Rear: 150/70R-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 22 liter (5.8 gal.)
Color: Black, Blue
All Specifications and features are subject to change