2007 Yamaha FZ6
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha FZ6
2007 Yamaha FZ6
Brilliant handling, impressive power and a stunning design, the much improved FZ6 has everything that most riders demand in a sporting motorcycle and more. Tourer, commuter, or sports bike, the new FZ6 does it all. An exciting R6S based engine provides plenty of power while the all new front brakes slow it down in a hurry. A revised seat and new fairing provide all day riding comfort. Whether carving up a back road or winding your way through city traffic, the FZ6 provides the kind of fun and excitement that motorcycling is famous for … all at a very affordable price.
– R6″S” based, ultra-compact, 600cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, slant block inline four powerplant. Virtually all the internal engine components are R6″S” spec including crankshaft, con rods, valve sizes, bore & stroke etc.
– Specially designed, one-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides superior engine rigidity and reduces weight.
– Ceramic plated sleeveless cylinder bores provide greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced frictional power loss. Sleeveless design also reduces weight.
– Lightweight forged pistons feature carburized connecting rods for superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass. The result is incredible engine response.
– Hollow side-driven camshafts with computer perfected valve timing help create a very narrow engine. The key difference between the R6″S” and FZ6 engines is the camshafts in the FZ6 have revised cam profiles and slightly different intake tracts for more low to mid range power.
– One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides superior rigidity and reduce weight.
– Lightweight forged pistons run in ceramic composite plated cylinders.
– Compact slant-block engine uses stacked gearbox shafts to create a shorter engine (front to back) which allows for optimum engine placement in the frame for a balanced weight distribution and great handling.
– “Liner less” cylinder has special ceramic composite plating applied directly to the aluminum cylinder block for greater heat dissipation, reduced frictional losses, reduced oil consumption and lighter weight.
– “Tri-Axis” 6-speed transmission has been optimized to accommodate the engine character of the FZ6. The secondary reduction ratio is 46/16 (Vs. a reduction ratio of 48/16 for the R6S). Gear widths, splines and engagement dogs are optimized for smooth shifting under power.
– “Tri-Axis” or stacked transmission design creates a more compact engine front to back that allows for optimum engine placement in the frame for optimized balanced weight distribution and incredible handling.
– “Group-Type” Mikuni 36mm throttle body fuel injection provides outstanding throttle response and excellent fuel economy. This system uses fewer sensors (5) than the R6″S” (7) while also being lighter and more compact.
– Group fuel injection divides the four cylinders into two groups (1 & 4 and 2 & 3) with two injections of fuel for every 720 degrees of crank rotation (the R6″S” system utilizes a sequential injection for each cylinder).
– Compact “high dynamic range” injectors use 4-hole / 2-direction spray type injectors. A high powered, compact 32 bit CPU controls the injection process. For 2007 the FI settings and mapping were revised for improved performance in the most often used speed ranges.
– Progressive type throttle pulley and direct coupler type TPS (throttle position sensor) provides easy throttle control without the annoyance of FI surging.
– 6.3 litre airbox is “optimized” to take full advantage of the downdraft intake system.
– Air Induction System (AIS) reduces harmful hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide (HC & CO) emissions.
– Revised 4 into 2 into 1 into 2 stainless steel exhaust system features a stylish under seat muffler that is a one piece unit with dual outlets. A special resin cover protects the muffler and keeps hot components away from the rider and passenger.
– A special connector pipe joins the header pipes between cylinders #2 and #3 pipes to provide outstanding low to mid range torque.
– The revised exhaust system now utilizes a total of 3 honeycomb catalytic converters to reduce harmful emissions such as CO, HC, CO2 and NOx into less harmful by products. The result is very clean running engine that easily surpasses the new EU3 European emission standards.
– New heater type oxygen sensor has been installed in the exhaust system to provide continual info back to the ECU which in turn provides the optimum fuel/air mixture for impressive performance with reduced emissions.
– Revised, larger high capacity radiator with ring-type cooling fan insures maximum cooling efficiency.
– Liquid cooled oil cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for extended engine and lubricant life.
– R6 based clutch assembly is utilized but the clutch boss, spring rate and friction plates are specially designed for the FZ6.
– Maintenance-free transistor controlled digital ignition ensures fast starts and optimum engine performance.
– High tech, C.F. (controlled fill) die cast twin spar main frame is used. There are no welding points on this frame, since it bolts together. A rigid type engine mounting system is used to increase overall chassis rigidity for great handling and also to reduce the weight of the actual frame.
– Front / rear weight distribution is 51% front and 49% rear for light, responsive handling.
– Detachable steel rear sub frame provides easy access to the rear shock and reduces costs in the event of a “loop-out”.
– New, extra long extruded box section aluminum swingarm has been re-designed for improved rigidity and improved appearance. The chain adjuster area is revised as well. The long design provides maximum rear wheel traction and a light handling feel that the FZ6 is famous for.
– Revised conventional 43mm cartridge style forks provide great handling and excellent ride comfort. Plastic protectors help prevent tube damage due to stone chips. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″). The appearance of the lower fork leg sliders has been improved with the addition of an “Alumite” finish. The caliper mounting area has also been revised to accommodate the new 4-piston monoblock calipers.
– “Link less” rear suspension means the rear shock mounts directly to the frame and swingarm without the use of linkages. The rear suspension system has been designed to provide a rising rate feeling without the additional weight of linkage arms and pivot points. The shock features 7-way spring pre-load adjustability. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″)
– Revised dual 298mm floating front disc brakes are squeezed by new 4-piston, ultra rigid R6S inspired monoblock calipers. Braking performance is impressive and lever feel is excellent. “Trifurcate type” front brake hose reduces weight (Trifurcate type brake hose means there is one brake hose from the master cylinder and it splits at the front fender area and crosses over to the second caliper).
– 245mm rear disc brake with Nissin single piston caliper provides outstanding stopping power.
– New, more sporty FZ1 inspired ½ cowl offers great wind and weather protection. This new fairing features a revised mounting position that is 33mm lower and 18mm more forward. An inner panel around the instrument area provides a clean, quality image for the “cockpit”. The fairing also features a new, more stylish ‘conventional” windshield design that it easier to clean than the old version. This new windshield also reduces turbulence and noise in the cockpit
– Stylish 19.4 liter (4.3 Imp. gal.) fuel tank (3.6 liters is the reserve portion) features an in-tank electronic fuel pump.
– Lightweight R6 style, 5-spoke mag wheels fitted with Z rated radial tires reduce unsprung weight for incredible handling performance.
– New one-piece seat design offers excellent comfort. The seat foam has been revised to be slightly softer for improved rider and passenger comfort. The seat cover material has also been changed from a dimpled material to a smooth design.
– New, more aerodynamic front fender wraps around the fork leg to provide a more sporty appearance.
– All new, FZ1 based multi-function instrument assembly. Features include an analog tach, digital speedo, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve tripmeter, clock, fuel gauge and water temperature as well as a selection of warning lights. The back lighting can be adjusted to suit rider preferences.
– Conventional handlebar design provides a comfortable riding position and also allows easy handlebar replacement. The handlebar holder has been changed from a 2 piece design to a more stylish single component embossed with the Yamaha tuning fork.
– New stylish aluminum passenger footrest brackets improve appearance. The passenger footrests have also been lower 25mm and moved forward 10mm for improved passenger comfort.
– R1 inspired dual “cat eye” halogen headlights cast a bright beam of light. (Note: Only one headlight – RHS- lights on low beam. Both lights light on high beam)
– All new helmet holder with lock
– Convenient passenger grab rails
– Inner rear fender reduces splash and provides that sporty appearance.
– 5-position adjustable front brake lever
– Rider footrest brackets are rubber mounted to reduce vibration
– Super convenient center stand makes chain adjustments and tire changes a snap
– Heavy duty “O” ring chain
– Low maintenance sealed 12 amp hour battery
Type 600cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 4-cylinder, 16 valves
Bore x Stroke 65.5 x 44.5mm
Compression Ratio 12.2:1
Carburetion Group Fuel Injection, 36mm throttle bodies
Ignition Digital TCI
Transmssion 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
Final Drive O-ring chain
Suspension/Front 43mm telescopic fork, 5.1″ travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock, adjustable preload; 5.1″ travel
Brakes/Front Dual 298mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
Brakes/Rear 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
Seat Height 31.3″
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.0°
Fuel Capacity 5.1 gal.
Dry Weight 410 lbs.
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Engine 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, inline four
Bore and Stroke 65.5 x 44.5mm
Compression Ratio 12.2:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni 36mm throttle body F.I.
Lubrication Wet sump
Ignition Digital TCI
Suspension (Front) 43mm cartridge fork
Suspension (Rear) Link-less Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 245 mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/70 ZR17
Tires (Rear) 180/55 ZR17
Length 2095mm (82.5”)
Width 750mm (29.5”)
Height 1,210 mm (47.6″)
Wheelbase 1440 mm (56.7″)
Rake / Trail 25° / 97.5mm
Ground Clearance 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height 795mm (31.3”)
Dry Weight 186 kg (409.2 lb)
Fuel Capacity 19.4 litres (4.3 Imp. gal.)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue; Deep Metallic Red
USA: $6,849 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from December 2006
$6,849 (Candy Red) Available from December 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.