2007 Yamaha TW200
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha TW200
2007 Yamaha TW200
TW200’s low, thick seat, sport/plush syspension and those distinctive fat tires all work together to serve up a smooth ride over all sorts of surfaces. Gas up and go.
Break your next trail with the 2007 TW200, a unique machine that’s hugely popular with beginners and veterans alike.
The gritty, muscular 4-stroke engine delivers smooth, reliable torque with the push of the electric starter button. Running around the campsite, heading into town for supplies, or making your way down to your favourite fishing hole, this bike is always as ready to go anywhere as you are. With a low seat height, superior handling, and unique wide tires, you can get there with confidence and have big-time fun along the way.
– Strong-pulling, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring.
– Internal engine counterbalancer keeps vibrations down for great all-day comfort.
– Easy, reliable, push-button electric starting
– Maintenance-free CDI ignition system ensures precise, reliable spark for peak engine performance at all RPMs and easy starting.
– Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and engine noise.
– Teikei 28mm carb provides crisp throttle response.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with manual clutch puts power to the ground for great on- and off-road performance.
– Washable, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
– Environmentally friendly exhaust system produces a quiet note. Heat shield protects rider from hot components.
– Rugged, diamond-type, high-tensile steel frame
– Lightweight, box section swingarm is fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters. There are grease fittings at the swingarm pivot points.
– 33mm front fork with 160mm (6.3″) of wheel travel soaks up the bumps for a plush ride. Rubber fork boots keep dirt out of seals for extended life.
– Monocross link rear suspension uses a single rear shock. Rear wheel travel is 150mm (5.9″) to smooth the roughest trails.
– 220mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper ensures great stopping power.
– Wide, 130/80-18 front and 180/80-14 rear tires deliver extra traction and rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and also help make the TW200 the most distinct-looking dual purpose machine in the industry.
– Low, 790mm (31.1″) seat height and compact chassis design helps inspire confidence by letting most riders put both feet down when stopped, making the TW200 one of the most user-friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
– Rear drum brake with easy-to-use, wing nut style adjuster
– Lightweight, aluminum alloy front and rear rims are fitted with street-legal, dual purpose tires.
– Long, motocross-style seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort. Stylish, two-tone colour scheme.
– Durable and wide fenders keeps mud and dirt off the rider when taking one’s exploring off-road.
– Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
– Powerful, 60/55-watt, halogen, enduro-style headlight
– Small fairing reduces wind buffeting at highway speeds and provides added protection against weather.
– Standard instrumentation includes a speedo-meter with odometer and resettable trip meter, and indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals.
– Rugged, aluminum engine skid plate
– Flexible turn signals resist damage.
– Helmet lock
– Steering lock
– Handy rear cargo platform
– Bungee cord hook points (4) below the cargo platform
– Easy-to-use, eccentric chain adjuster
– Serrated, folding, steel footpegs
– Passenger footpegs
– Locking fuel cap
– Push-to-cancel turn signals
– On/off/reserve fuel petcock
Engine Air-cooled, SOHC,4-stroke single
Bore and Stroke 67 x 55.7mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Maximum Torque 1.54kg-m (11.1ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Teikei MV28
Transmission 5-speed w/manual clutch
Final Drive O-ring chain
Suspension (Front) 33mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Monocross
Brakes (Front) 220mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 130/80-18
Tires (Rear) 180/80-14
Length 2,090mm (82.3″)
Width 820mm (32.3″)
Height 1,120mm (44.1″)
Wheelbase 1,325mm (52.2″)
Seat Height 790mm (31.1″)
Dry Weight 118kg (260 lb)
Fuel Capacity 7 litres (1.5 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Purplish White
USA: $3,799 (White/Team Yamaha Blue) Available from September 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.