2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
Express yourself wisely.
We know you don’t have to be a heavyweight to express yourself. The way we see it, this Classic has all the Star quality and strong-running V-twin performance you want. It’s up to you to say the rest.
Only the price tag will tell you this machine is a mid-size model.
Everything else – the long, low styling, the authentic 40 cubic-inch V-twin, the painstaking attention to detail — will just plain knock you out. Take one for a nice long ride, and you’ll see why. Big on value and good looks, the V-Star 650 Classic punches way above its weight. It’s a champion by unanimous decision.
– Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
– This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
– Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensor (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
– Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery.
– Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
– Transistorized coil ignition means sure starts and excellent engine performance. It is a no-maintenance design.
– Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds to styling but also is easy to service the air filter.
– Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
– Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance with no chain adjustments or splatter.
– 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering strong low- and mid-range engine power. The conversion to aftermarket mufflers is fast and simple.
– Heel-toe shifter reinforces that classic image.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
– Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
– Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
– Long 1,625mm (64″) wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
– Beefy, 41mm front fork with Road Star-inspired shrouds offers 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride.
– Chromed fork shrouds, top triple clamp, and one-piece handlebar holder.
– 7-step, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension allows the rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions.
– Rear shock is mounted under the engine for that classic, hardtail look. By positioning the shock low in the chassis, it lowers the centre of gravity for a light, easy-to-maneuver feel.
– Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
– Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
– Plushly padded, low-profile rider and passenger seats provide exceptional rider comfort. The low 710mm (27.9″) seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
– Full-size rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration while providing ample legroom for maximum rider comfort.
– Wide retro-style handlebars evoke a classic design. Extra wide levers provide a quality feel.
– Wide front and rear tires fitted to spoked, chrome wheels combine retro styling with solid handling and traction.
– Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic. Their steel design means they are easy to customize and paint.
– Large, 16-litre fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for an extra long cruising range.
– Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features an odometer and tripmeter displays.
– Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– Chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
– Beautiful, 3D, fuel tank emblem reinforces the Star family’s quality image.
– 3D Yamaha emblem on side covers
– Locking helmet holder
– Locking storage compartment adds convenience and security.
– Steering lock
– Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish, clear signal lenses
– Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs prevent unwanted scratches
Engine 4-stroke, air-cooled,SOHC, 70°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke 81 x 63mm
Compression Ratio 9:01
Maximum Torque 5.2kg-m (37.5 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery BDS28 x 2
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension (Front) 41mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Single 298mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 170/80-15
Length 2,450mm (96.5″)
Width 930mm (36.6″)
Height 1,105mm (43.5″)
Wheelbase 1,625mm (64″)
Seat Height 710mm (28″)
Dry Weight 225kg (495 lb)
Fuel Capacity 16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black; Deep Metallic Red; Bluish White
USA: $6,199 (Raven/Charcoal Flames) Available from July 2006
$6,099 (Candy Red) Available from July 2006
$6,099 (Pearl White) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.