2000 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
The gorgeous Valkyrie Interstate is the most powerful touring motorcycle you can buy, featuring unparalleled performance, long-distance touring comfort and Honda’s legendary reliability.
New for 2000
· Pearl Blue/Pearl Silver two-tone metallic paint joins Black/Red and classic Black.
· Beautifully designed fork-mounted fairing features superb protection from the elements, a classic twin-headlight design with beautiful chrome case, and a laminar-flow fairing duct below the windscreen to minimize low-pressure turbulence for the rider.
· Full-size 49-liter rear trunk complements 35-liter saddlebags and is ideal for long-distance touring. Trunk holds up to two helmets, features hidden access lever and showcases twin pairs of retro-style chrome-set taillights.
· Large-capacity fuel tank holds 6.9 gallons for extended touring.
· Radiator sidecovers route hot engine air away from the rider and have adjustable vents to direct cooling air to rider’s legs.
· Seat has firm, comfortable construction for long-distance touring and a low, 28.7-inch height. Wide passenger seat has full-sized backrest for added comfort.
· Standard AM/FM radio features fairing-mounted 25-watt speakers, intercom, automatic volume control, ambiance setting and connectors for optional CB radio, add-on auxiliary component, and rear speakers. Handlebar-mounted module controls power, radio band, channel memory, audio mode, voice mode, talk, speakers/headset and clock.
· Classically styled instrument display features analog speedometer with electronic pickup, analog tachometer, LCD odometer, fuel level, clock, and audio displays.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort.
· Gold Wing-derived engine adds six carburetors, revised camshaft timing and a free-flow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably.
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal.
· Five-speed transmission with close ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side. The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis offers confidence-inspiring handling.
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 5.1 inches of plush yet well-controlled travel.
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 4.7 inches of wheel travel.
· Large-section radial tires provide excellent grip and a smooth ride.
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the retro styling.
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers.
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 28.7-inch seat height.
· Dual 45/45-watt halogen headlights with unique retro-style chrome case and multi reflector-type lens.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
150/80R – 17
180/70R – 16
1690mm (66.5 in.)
730mm (28.7 in.)
352 kg (773.8 lbs.)
27.6 litres (6.1 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.