2000 Honda GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
The beautiful 2000 Valkyrie Tourer offers unmatched power, with the comfort and convenience of a generous windscreen and large, weatherproof saddlebags.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· New, low, 28.9-inch seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed maneuvers
· Eye-pleasing two-tone Black/Red paint joins classic Black
Special Valkyrie Tourer Features
· Large-size clear Lexan(R) windshield with chrome-plated mounting brackets
· Sleekly styled, color-matched, hardshell, weather-sealed saddlebags with 35-liter capacity each. Lower saddlebag stays form a protective loop under each bag.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort
· Gold Wing-derived engine uses six carburetors, revised camshaft timing and a freeflow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal
· Five-speed transmission with close ratios for exciting roll-on performance
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side
· The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis features solidly mounted engine for confidenceinspiring handling
· Massive, 45mm inverted frontfork gives 5.1 inches of plush but well controlled travel
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 4.7 inches of wheel travel
· Large-section radial tires provide excellent grip and a smooth ride
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the sweeping styling
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers
· Long-range 5.3-gallon fuel tank
· Large, comfortable two-piece custom seat features a detachable passenger section and rear backrest
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 28.9-inch seat height.
· Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight with unique eyebrow-style chrome case and multi-reflector-type lens
· Chrome-case-enclosed tachometer and speedometer with attractive whitecolored faces
· Convenient push-to-cancel turnsignal switch
· High-quality two-tone or black solid-color finishes combine with the powerful styling and many chromed components to deliver a stunning visual presence
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty
· Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America. Benefits include discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
· Custom grips and mirror
· Fork case cover
· Saddlebag options include mats, scuff cover, racks and guard rails
· Chromed items include sidecovers, handlebar levers, lever bracket holders, master cylinder cap, engine hanger cover, oil filler cap, radiator cap, radiator screen, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, sidestand, swingarm cover, passenger peg bracket, Valkyrie emblem, front fender ornament, frontfender guard, front fender trim, and rearfender trim
· Audio options include: CB radio with available antenna, passenger audio controller, and headsets.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
150/80R – 17
180/70R – 16
1690mm (66.5 in.)
734mm (28.9 in.)
21 litres (4.7 Imp. gal.)
324 kg (714.3 lbs.)CT
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.