2000 Honda ST1100A ST1100 ABS
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda ST1100A ST1100 ABS
The legendary Honda ST1100 is the most versatile sport-touring motorcycle available, featuring Honda’s mighty V-4 engine, sport-bred handling plus long-distance comfort and convenience.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· Beautiful Candy Dark Red paint.
Exclusive ST1100 ABSII Features
· Linked Braking System (LBS™) combines with Antilock Brake System (ABSII) for a wide range of braking control. Traction Control System (TCS) is featured.
· LBS uses a second master cylinder and a proportional control valve to couple the calipers of the dual-front and single-rear disc brakes. Using either the handlebar lever or the foot pedal activates all three calipers, but the rider controls brake force distribution between the front and rear wheels depending on which control is used. Moreover, as the rider increases braking force and weight transfers forward, the proportional control valve progressively shifts the balance of braking force in three steps toward the front wheel.
· Delay valve minimizes fork dive when minor speed corrections are made using only the foot pedal, offering enhanced control and ease of operation on irregular or low-friction road surfaces.
· ABS features an electric-motor-driven modulator which gives quick, precise braking-pressure adjustments and smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates an integrated ECU controller, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test function, and automatic protection against system failure.
· Traction Control System (TCS) uses the same wheel-speed sensors used by the ABS to help prevent excessive rear-wheel slippage during hard acceleration or during acceleration on low-traction road surfaces.
· Computer-engineered aerodynamic front fender with integrated fork guards gives good protection with enhanced airflow.
· Large, 43mm cartridge front fork features Torque-Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC¨).
· Z-rated radial tires offer enhanced performance to match the machine’s touring capability and braking performance.
· Liquid-cooled 1084cc longitudinally mounted V-4 engine produces excellent horse-power and torque over a wide rpm-range.
· Shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm reliability and offers 16,000-mile valve adjustment intervals.
· Belt-driven camshaft for smooth, quiet, reliable operation.
· Four-valve-per-cylinder technology provides excellent combustion efficiency and high power.
· Four 34.5mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetors provide crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Cassette-type five-speed transmission.
· Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system.
· Aluminum radiator keeps temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
· High-output 40-amp air-cooled AC generator allows installation of varied electrical accessories, and delivers substantial output even at low rpm.
· Clutch, main-shaft and drive-shaft dampers for reduced noise, vibration and driveline lash.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
· Digital ignition system.
· Computer-designed steel frame is strong and positions the engine low for superb maneuverability and precise handling.
· Wind-tunnel-designed and -tested fairing with Honda’s Air Control Windscreen™ offers superb wind and weather protection, low noise and superior high-speed aerodynamics.
· 43mm cartridge fork (41mm on ST1100) offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Torque Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC) reduces fork compression during braking.
· Single-shock swingarm-mounted rear suspension system offers spring preload and rebound damping adjustability.
· Wide, three-spoke cast aluminum wheels fitted with V-rated bias-belted tires (ST1100) or Z-rated radial tires (ST1100 ABSII).
· Dual-disc front brake and single-disc rear brake.
· Roomy cockpit and ergonomically designed, dual-density seat offer true long-haul comfort.
· Enormous, 7.4-gallon fuel tank is located below the seat for a low center of gravity and offers phenomenal touring range.
· Detachable, lockable, color-matched 35-liter saddlebags are standard equipment, feature fold-down carrying handles and can each hold a full-face helmet.
· Integrated fairing protectors for tip-over protection.
· Breakaway rearview mirrors.
· Fairing-mounted quartz clock.
· Padded passenger grabrails.
· Dual halogen headlights.
· Integrated front and rear turn signals.
· Fairing-mounted headlight adjuster.
· Full instrumentation includes fuel and temperature gauges.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock.
· Single ignition key operates all locks.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Passenger backrest.
· Inner saddlebag set.
· Knee pad set.
· Scuff pad set.
1085cc liquid-cooled, 90-degree, transverse V-four
Bore and Stroke
73mm X 64.8mm
10 : 1
Belt driven, DOHC, 4 valve, shim under bucket
Four 34.55mm downdraft, CV diaphragm-type
Transistorized, with electronic advance
43mm cartridge fork with TRAC anti-dive, 150mm travel
Single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping 120mm travel
Dual 296mm discs with triple piston calipers, LBS-ABS
Single 296mm disc with triple piston caliper; LBS-ABS
120/70 ZR 18
160/70 ZR 17
800mm (31.5 in.)
1555mm (61.2 in.)
297 kg (655 lbs.)
28 litres (6.2 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.