2008 Honda CRF150R
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF150R
2008 Honda CRF150R
The revolutionary CRF150R is the world’s first high-performance four-stroke mini racer. They feature Unicam engines, race-ready suspension and track-designed chassis for ground-breaking performance. No wonder Dirt Rider magazine picked the CRF150R as its Bike of the Year, the first time in history a minibike captured this coveted award.
When you’re serious about winning, the CRF150R provides you with a seriously high-tech way to get to the checkered flag first. Its 149 cc liquid-cooled Unicam engine produces the same sort of broad powerband and meaty low-end as the bigger CRFs, and because power comes on less abruptly than with a comparable two-stroke, there’s less shifting required. Even the four-stroke engine braking helps when diving into corners! The CRF150R also gives you the handling benefits of a high-tech semi-double-cradle frame with aluminum swingarm and Showa suspension.
Transworld Motocross called it arguably one of the trickiest stock Mini bikes out there. No surprise considering its role models: Honda’s championship-winning CRF450R and CRF250R. With its revolutionary Unicam four-valve engine and fully adjustable Showa suspension, the CRF150R was bred for domination. Which, of course, is in perfect keeping with what’s become the Honda four-stroke MX family tradition.
Features & Benefits
– High-Performance Unicam® cylinder head design (see Technology Section)
– Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold.
– Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds.
– Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
– Forged 11.7:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
– Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
– Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
– Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between the two exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
– 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
– Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
– Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
– Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
– Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
– Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
– Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. A six-disc clutch provides the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s impressive torque while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
– Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission.
– Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF®150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics.
– Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
– Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
– Removable subframe is strong and durable.
– 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
– The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
– Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
– Tapered-roller steering-head bearings for durability.
– Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
– Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
– Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
– Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
– Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
– Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style.
– Seat-cushion foam follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
– Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
– High-quality Dunlop tires.
– HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.
– Adjustable front-brake lever and master-cylinder assembly are the same as CR®125R/CR250R components.
– Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
– Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 149cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 66mm x 43.7mm
Compression ratio: 11.7:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 26mm intake, steel; 22.5mm exhaust, steel
Induction: Keihin 32mm flat slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/50T
Front: 37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 10.8 inches travel
Front: Single 220mm disc
Rear: Single 190mm disc
Wheelbase: 49.6 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 27°02′
Trail: 78mm (3.07 inches)
Seat Height: 32.8 inches
Ground Clearance: 11.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.14 gallons
Curb Weight*: 183 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
MSRP: $5,799 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 149 cc
Bore & Stroke 66 mm x 43.7 mm
Compression Ratio 11.7:1
Valve Train Unicam, four-valve
Fuel Delivery Keihin 32 mm flat-slide carb with TPS
Transmission Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive #420 chain, 15T/50T
Front Suspension 37 mm fully adjustable inverted Showa cartridge fork; 274 mm (10.8 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 274 mm (10.8 inches) travel
Tires 70/100 – 17 front; 90/100 – 14 rear
Brakes Front 220 mm disc; rear 190 mm disc
Ground Clearance 302 mm
Seat Height 833 mm
Wheelbase 1,259 mm
Dry Weight 83 kg including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 4.3 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change