2008 Honda CRF70F
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF70F
2008 Honda CRF70F
With an automatic clutch, low seat height, three-speed transmission, and low-maintenance 72cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine, the CRF70F is a great introduction to off-road motorcycling.
A low seat height, compact dimensions and kid-size levers and controls ensure that younger riders find the CRF70F easy to operate. But what makes this bike extra special is the three-speed semi-automatic transmission that does away with the need for a clutch lever. Your young rider gets to shift with his or her left foot just like on a bigger bike, but there’s no clutch lever to worry about, so stalling is all but impossible. It’s super easy to use, and extremely durable, too. The CRF70F also boasts a rugged four-stroke engine that requires no messy mixing of gas and oil and very little maintenance.
Think of the CRF70F as the perfect stepping stone between its bigger siblings and the CRF50F. Your youngster a tad too big for the 50F, but not quite ready for the CRF80F or 100F? No worries. This bike features the same smooth three-speed semi-automatic transmission (no clutch to deal with) and novice-friendly four-stroke power as its little brother, only in a slightly bigger package. What could be more fun than that?
Features & Benefits
– Fuel-efficient SOHC 72cc four-stroke engine offers easy-to-use power and a high level of dependability.
– 13mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent rideability and high fuel mileage.
– Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
– #420 drive chain is tough and durable.
– Three-speed constant-mesh transmission with automatic clutch for easy takeoffs and shifting.
– Lightweight and rigid backbone frame configuration.
– Smooth-action 27mm front fork provides 3.2 inches of suspension travel for confident control over rugged trails.
– Triangulated swingarm with single shock is durable and offers 3.5 inches of rear wheel travel.
– Brakes are compact, lightweight and feature leading-/trailing-shoe-design front and rear.
– Knobby tires offer excellent grip and long life.
– CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Keyed ignition switch provides added security.
– Steel-spoked wheels combine with Honda Racing styling and graphics to look like the bigger CRFs.
– CR®-style seat shape accommodates a broad range of rider sizes.
– Small and lightweight feel combine with low seat height to inspire confidence in younger riders.
– Tough and durable plastic body parts.
– Motocross-style handlebar with crossbar.
– Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
– Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
– Front suspension features dual-rate springs for improved rider comfort and bump absorption.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 72cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47mm x 41.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 13mm piston-valve carburetor
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/36T
Front: 27mm telescopic fork; 3.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 3.5 inches travel
Wheelbase: 42.0 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 27.03°
Trail: 61.5mm (2.4 inches)
Seat Height: 26.1 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.0 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons, including 0.3 reserve
Curb Weight*: 139 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $2,569 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 72 cc
Bore & Stroke 47 mm x 41.4 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 13 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive #420 chain; 15T/36T
Front Suspension 27 mm telescopic fork; 81 mm (3.2 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 89 mm (3.5 inches) travel
Tires 2.50 – 14 front; 3.00 – 12 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum
Ground Clearance 178 mm (7 inches)
Seat Height 663 mm (26.1 inches)
Wheelbase 1,067 mm (42 inches)
Dry Weight 63 kg (139 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 4.9 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change