2008 Honda Jazz
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda Jazz
2008 Honda Jazz
Wait till your friends catch sight of you on your new Honda Jazz! With its quiet and dependable four-stroke engine, electric start, automatic transmission and light weight, the Jazz is a blast to ride, whether you’re heading to the corner store or all the way downtown and back. It’s so light and easy to handle that putting it up on its centrestand or squeezing it into a tight parking spot is absolutely no sweat at all. A huge storage area under the seat swallows up schoolbooks, a laptop, or a full-face helmet. Want to look your best? Hop on a Honda Jazz
With the Jazz, riders looking for economical transportation and easy-to-operate features can also enjoy a fun and fashionable ride that comes in a variety of styles and colors.
Already one of the most stylish, Euro-cool scooters going, the Jazz® takes the hip factor even higher for 2008. With amped-up urban styling, and (on selected models) chrome mirrors and muffler cover, two-tone seat, and black wheels accented by 3D emblems, this fully automatic, 49cc fashion plate is two-wheeled proof that a scooter can be both ultra-hip and ultra-practical.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– New Ocean, Monza and Gothic colors join Ruby. Monza and Gothic colors include chrome mirrors, a chrome muffler cover, 3-D chrome emblems, black wheels, black belt cover, and two-tone custom seat.
– Efficient four-stroke engine uses substantially less fuel and significantly reduces exhaust emissions over a comparable two-stroke engine.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
– Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power (see Technology Section).
– Lightweight and sturdy aluminum chassis contributes to the Jazz’s maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
– Lockable underseat compartment provides nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
– Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
– Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
– Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
– Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition system.
– Starter system utilizes the engine’s brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
– Solid-state ECU provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
– Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
– Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
– Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Jazz’s floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
– Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
– Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
– Twin-downtube fork provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
– Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
– Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping power.
– The Jazz’s CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping. (see Technology Section).
– High-grip, long-lasting tires.
– Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
– Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or even a full-face helmet.
– Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beams.
– Audible turn-signal indicator.
– Parking brake.
– Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk-release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
– Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
– Convenient rear hand grip.
– Helmet holder locks helmet in place under the seat.
– Shopping-bag holder.
– Backup kickstarter.
– Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Fuel-cap design allows easy removal.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Available Honda Genuine Accessories
– Rear Carrier.
– Rear Trunk.
– Front Inner Basket.
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Carburetion: 18mm CV with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: Twin-downtube fork; 1.9 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Rear: Drum with CBS
Wheelbase: 46.9 inches
Seat Height: 28.3 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.32 gallons
Colors: Ruby, Ocean, Monza and Gothic.
Curb Weight*: 176 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $2,799 CDN
Model: Honda Jazz
Engine Type Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 49 cc
Bore & Stroke 37.8 mm x 44 mm
Compression Ratio 11.9:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery 18 mm CV with auto choke
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front Suspension Twin downtube fork; 48 mm (1.9 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 66 mm (2.6 inches) travel
Tires 90/90 – 10 front; 90/90 – 10 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum with CBS
Seat Height 719 mm (28.3 inches)
Wheelbase 1,191 mm (46.9 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 5 litres
Colour Nassau Blue Metallic, Monza Red, Pure Black/Penguin Grey
Specifications and features are subject to change