2008 Honda Rebel 250 CMX250C
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda Rebel 250 CMX250C
2008 Honda Rebel 250 CMX250C
Comfortable, durable and stylish, the Rebel may be the perfect entry level streetbike for a trip across town or even long-distance adventures.
Who says you need a big-bore machine to appreciate the joys of motorcycling? Not a Honda Rebel rider, that’s for sure. A user-friendly combination of light weight and comfortable size has made the CMX250C Rebel an enduring favourite among riders looking for an easy-to-handle cruiser. The good stuff begins with a high-output twin-cylinder engine that runs more smoothly than a single, yet is thrifty on gas and easy to maintain. A front disc brake brings you to a halt quickly, and that’s when you’ll notice how easy it is to put your feet flat on the ground, thanks to a low seat height. This is a bike that instills confidence on every ride.
There are entry-level cruisers, and then there’s the Rebel-sporting more style and user-friendly performance than any other 250-class machine out there. Dependable Honda four-stroke power, exceptional handling, styling as classic as it is attractive, an all-new Silver paint scheme … what’s not to like about this great entry-level cruiser on the road? Correct. Absolutely nothing.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– New Silver Metallic color joins classic Black.
– Proven twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.
– Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
– Constant-velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
– Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
– Maintenance-free, solid-state CD ignition.
– Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
– Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings.
– Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
– Rectangular-section swingarm.
– Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
– Wide 15-inch rear tire.
– Spoke-type wheels with chrome rims.
– O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
– Low seat height of only 26.6 inches.
– Pullback handlebar.
– 2.6-gallon teardrop fuel tank.
– Two-piece custom-styled seat.
– Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight case.
– Stylish, chrome-plated taillight housing.
– Simple, straightforward instrumentation.
– Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Key-operated steering lock for added security.
– Easy-to-use helmet lock.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 53mm
Compression ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 26mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity (CV) carburetor
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 33mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 2.9 inches travel
Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 57.1 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 30°40′
Trail: 113mm (4.4 inches)
Seat Height: 26.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Silver Metallic, Black
Curb Weight*: 331 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $4,999 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled four-stroke twin
Displacement 234 cc
Bore & Stroke 53 mm x 53 mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 26 mm CV carb
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension 33 mm fork, 117 mm (4.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 74 mm (2.9 inches) travel
Tires 3.00 – 18 front; 130/90 – 15 rear
Brakes Front single disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Seat Height 675 mm (26.6 inches)
Wheelbase 1,450 mm (57.1 inches)
Dry Weight 150 kg (331 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 9.8 litres
Colour Graphite Black
Specifications and features are subject to change