2008 Honda VT750C2 Shadow Spirit 750
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda VT750C2 Shadow Spirit 750
2008 Honda VT750C2 Shadow Spirit 750
A classic 45-degree V-twin liquid-cooled engine loaded with low-end and mid-range power makes the stylish Spirit a great choice for solo or two-up riding.
A must-be-seen-on bad boy that should have a special place in every cruiser rider’s garage, the Shadow Spirit 750 (VT750C2) is a stunner in the classic dragbike mold. Bobbed fenders wrap around low tires, while dual shorty pipes snake behind a super-low, 25.7-inch seat, delivering classic custom lines, light steering and agility. Style, performance and comfort—talk about the best of all worlds.
Take a look at a whole new way to enjoy motorcycle cruising. The VT750C2 Shadow Spirit combines an eye-grabbing custom appearance with a long and low chassis and a sporty ride and feel. Sit in the sleek gunfighter-style saddle, and right away you’ll notice that the seat height is extra-low yet the riding position feels more sporty than on most cruisers. A narrow front tire on a big 21-inch front wheel, combined with quicker steering geometry, gives the VT750C2 superb handling and ride comfort. Now crack the throttle and feel the strong power from the 745 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine. For a cruiser that’s like nothing else you’ve ever ridden, swing a leg over the VT750C2 Shadow Spirit.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– New Metallic Silver, Candy Dark Red/Flame and Ultra Blue Metallic/Flame colors join Black.
– A 21-inch front wheel for a narrow, custom look and light steering feel.
– Incredibly low 25.7-inch seat height.
– Big-bike looks and feel at a very attractive price.
– 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
– Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
– Single 34mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
– Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section)
– Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
– Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
– Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
– CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
– Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod look.
– Innovative frame design features large, steel tube backbone reaching back from cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
– Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome-steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
– Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
– Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth ride.
– Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is drum type.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
– Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
– Handlebar design offers sporty, street-rod feel.
– Tank-mounted speedometer features attractive chrome instrument housing.
– Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat.
– Custom, integrated taillight design.
– Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
– Brilliant, 60-/55-watt halogen headlight.
– Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Touring Accessories: Custom Windscreen, Leather Saddlebags (two styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Synthetic Leather Saddlebags, Leather Tank Belt (two styles: Studded or Plain), Leather Front Pouch (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Leather Touring Bag (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Saddlebag Liner Set.
– Chrome Accessories: Light Bar, Spotlight Visors, Backrest with Pad (available in Tall and Low styles), Backrest Trim (available in Tall and Low styles), Rear Carrier, Passenger Grab Rails, Radiator Guard, Allen-Bolt Inserts (three sizes: 5mm, 6mm and 8mm), Throw-over Saddlebag Supports, Driveshaft Cover.
– Billet Accessories: Master-Cylinder Cap (four styles: Fluted, V Design, Neo-Retro and Chrome), Handlebar Clamp, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, License-Plate Frame (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro).
– Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 65.0 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 34°30′
Trail: 158mm (6.2 inches)
Seat Height: 25.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: Metallic Silver, Candy Dark Red/Flame, Ultra Blue Metallic/Flame, Black
Curb Weight*: 536 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $8,999 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 745 cc
Bore & Stroke 79 mm x 76 mm
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 34 mm CV carb
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 41 mm fork, 117 mm (4.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 89 mm (3.5 inches) travel
Tires 90/90 – 21 front; 160/80 – 15 rear
Brakes Front single 296 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Seat Height 652 mm (25.7 inches)
Wheelbase 1,651 mm (65 inches)
Dry Weight 243 kg (536 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 14 litres
Colour Graphite Black, Digital Silver Metallic, Glint Wave Blue Metallic/Flame, Candy Red/Flame
Specifications and features are subject to change