2008 Honda VTX1800C
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda VTX1800C
2008 Honda VTX1800C
For riders who want street-rod styling and thundering torque, the VTX1800C offers a distinctive minimalist style.
Experience pure VTX fell with low-slung, 2 into 1 exhaust and performanced influenced fender design.
The VTX1800C is the original VTX, a street-rod minimalist classic that continues to wow riders with its unbeatable blend of modern technology, great performance, and head-turning style. Check out the imposing two-into-one exhaust system, the dragster-style seat, and the shorty front and rear fenders. Of course you can’t miss the beautifully crafted 1,795cc V-twin engine, which produces a deep rumble that’s music to a cruiser rider’s ears. And with advanced high-pressure fuel injection feeding the big V-twin, you can be sure of crisp acceleration whenever you twist the throttle.
The bike that started it all. Experience pure VTX feel with low-slung, 2-into-1 exhaust, performance-influenced fender design, cast aluminum wheels, and dragster-style seating.
– Cast Aluminum Wheels
– Flangeless-Style Fuel Tank
– Dragster-Style Seating
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– The VTX®1800C is available in these exciting colors: Red/Black Flame and Black.
– Show-stopping street-rod styling.
– Minimalist-designed front and rear steel fenders complement the VTX’s street-rod look.
– Custom-designed wedge-shape mirrors.
– Bullet-style turn signals feature chrome visors, clear lenses and amber flasher bulbs.
– Flangeless 4.8-gallon fuel tank.
– Dragster-style seat boasts a low 27.6-inch seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
– Semi swept handlebar provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
– Handsome, chromed two-into-one exhaust system produces a deep exhaust note.
– Wide, low 130/70R-18 radial front tire enhances styling and delivers superb handling.
– Aggressive 180/70R-16 radial rear tire puts the engine’s awesome power to the ground and provides exceptional traction.
– Electronic control unit (ECU), closed-loop emissions-control system utilizes an air-injection system and three-way exhaust catalyzer to simultaneously reduce emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen oxides. California model exceeds CARB 2008 standards.
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Silver finish.
– Handlebar: Cast-aluminum risers and caps with hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Smooth cast-aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Satin finish inverted fork tubes.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Cast-aluminum with hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Switch Housings: Smooth cast-aluminum finish.
– Radiator Cover: Satin -black finish.
– Footpegs: Chromed.
– Final-Drive Housing: Silver finish.
– Wheels: Satin-brushed cast-aluminum.
– Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin that hammers out immense power–106 bhp at 5000 rpm and 120 lb./ft. of torque at 3500 rpm.
– V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
– Offset dual-pin crankshaft with two primary-shaft-mounted balance weights allows a high-performance engine design while eliminating harsh engine vibration. The result: muscular power across a broad rpm range for unequaled acceleration and roll-on performance.
– The 41.4-pound forged-steel crankshaft uses bolted weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the engine’s V-twin design.
– Each three-valve cylinder head features two large 36mm intake valves and a huge 45mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the air/fuel charge.
– Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
– Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– 4.5-liter airbox supplies a large volume of cool, clean air to the engine.
– Advanced high-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features 42mm-diameter throttle bodies delivering air to two specially designed Denso 50-psi high-pressure fuel injectors. Fuel is delivered through 12 nozzle holes in each injector, producing an atomized fuel mixture that is highly combustible for maximum efficiency and power.
– ECU provides individual digital 3-D fuel-injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
– A unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height.
– Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Reliable electric-starter system.
– Primary-drive gear uses a cam-type damper to minimize powertrain lash.
– Sturdy, maintenance-free eight-plate hydraulic clutch with clutch-center damper ensures smooth gear shifting.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Driven flange design at the final-drive gear eliminates final-drive noise and wear and simplifies rear-wheel installation.
– Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine’s power and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
– Large 45mm inverted front fork provides 4.3 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
– Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– The VTX’s braking system features two three-piston front calipers and a single two-piston rear caliper. Rider application of the front brake lever activates the two outer pistons of the front calipers. Application of the rear brake pedal activates the two pistons of the rear caliper and the center pistons of the front calipers. When only the rear brake pedal is used, an inline delay valve smooths application of the front caliper center pistons.
– Distinctive, chrome hooded-headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– Tank-mounted chrome nacelle houses the fuel cap, tripmeter/odometer reset and indicator/warning lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral indicator, low fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temperature and fuel injection.
– Large speedometer with easy-to-read numerals.
– Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips with polished-aluminum handlebar switch-housings and triple-clamp assembly.
– Reliable 300-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free battery.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include roadside assistance, online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
– Backrests and rear carriers: Deluxe Chrome Backrest with Pad, Deluxe Chrome Backrest Trim with Emblem, Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier, Deluxe Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mount Brackets, Adjustable Chrome Backrest with Pad (5-Position), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Tall, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Traditional), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Traditional), Chrome Rear Carrier (Traditional), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Traditional), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Tall, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Sport-Custom), Chrome Rear Carrier (Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Sport-Custom), Chrome Passenger Grabrails (Fits all style backrests).
– Windscreens: Custom Windscreen (Performance Style), Custom Windscreen (Sport-Custom Style), Adjustable Height Windscreen (2.56-inch Vertical Adjustment Range), Boulevard Screen (Clear), Boulevard Screen (Smoke), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Neo-Retro), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Smooth), Sport Screen, Lower Wind Deflectors.
– Lightbar: Chrome Lightbar (Sport-Custom).
– Leather: Leather Saddlebags (18l Plain), Leather Saddlebags (18l Studded), Leather Saddlebags (18l Fringed), Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Tank Belt (Plain), Leather Tank Belt (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Plain), Leather Touring Bag (Fringed), Leather Front Pouch (Studded), Leather Front Pouch (Plain), Leather Front Pouch (Fringed).
– Chrome Appearance: Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Chrome Rear Fender Panel, Chrome Master-Cylinder Cap, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts.
– Chrome Billet: Master-Cylinder Cap (Fluted), Master-Cylinder Cap (Neo-Retro), Master-Cylinder Cap (V Design), Dipstick (Fluted), Dipstick (Neo-Retro), Clutch Cover (Fluted), Clutch Cover (Neo-Retro), Timing and Crankshaft Cover Set (Fluted), Timing Cover (Neo-Retro), Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Countershaft Cover Trim (Neo-Retro), Upper Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Fluted), Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Neo-Retro), Driveshaft Bolt Cover (V Design), Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Fluted), Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Neo-Retro), License-Plate Frame (Fluted), License-Plate Frame (Neo-Retro), License-Plate Frame (V Design), Upper Fork Nut Covers, Banjo-Bolt Covers, Heated Grips, Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: -FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm inverted fork; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Front: 130/70R-18 radial
Rear: 180/70R-16 radial
Wheelbase: 67.6 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 31.45°
Trail: 152mm (5.7 inches)
Seat Height: 27.6 inches
Dry Weight: 734 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons
Colors: Red/Black Flame, Black
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $18,699 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Bore & Stroke 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI with automatic choke
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 45mm fork, 129mm (5.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 99mm (3.9 inches) travel
Tires 130/70R – 18 radial front; 180/70R – 16 radial rear
Brakes Front dual 296mm discs with LBS three-piston calipers; rear single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Seat Height 701mm (27.6 inches)
Wheelbase 1,717mm (67.6 inches)
Dry Weight 333 kg (734 pounds)
Fuel Capacity 18.2 litres
Specifications and features are subject to change