2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Back to 2008 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
2008 KAWASAKI VULCAN® 500 LTD IS A SMART OPTION FOR RIDERS OF ALL BUDGETS
Affordable transportation cruiser style
An excellent choice for first-time buyers the Kawasaki’s Vulcan® 500 LTD is the perfect entry level motorcycle for anyone seeking the cruiser lifestyle. Its low seat height, friendly power delivery and affordable purchase price all add up to an easy platform to develop those all-important riding skills.
It might be compact and easy to ride, but that will only encourage more experienced riders to enjoy the Vulcan 500 LTD’s ample power and comfortable accommodations along with its practicality, efficiency and reliability as a transportation tool.
Based on the same engine that powers the Ninja® 500R sportbike, the Vulcan 500 LTD’s engine helps this cruiser outmuscle its competition. Its twin cylinder powerplant provides a smooth, predictable torque delivery for boulevard cruising, with plenty of muscle left for highway speeds.
It takes more than an excellent engine to make a great motorcycle, so the 500 LTD’s chassis is equally user-friendly. A matte black, long and low steel frame contributes to its classic cruiser looks, and with a saddle that’s just 28 inches from the ground, it puts just about any size rider at ease.
A stepped seat, bobbed rear fender, tank-mounted speedometer and chrome-plated wire-spoke wheels harmonize the Vulcan 500 LTD’s custom crowd style. Admire it as is, or select additional enhancements to add your own touch from Kawasaki’s accessory line.
Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
– Compact parallel-twin design based on the NINJA® 500R sportbike engine
– Special cam profiles and ample flywheel weight boost low-end torque
– Keeps operating temperatures consistent, resulting in longer engine life
– Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running and more power
– Radiator hides between the frame downtubes
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Better breathing for more power at high rpm
– Compact combustion chamber for less detonation with today’s gasoline
– Augments low-end torque
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Maintains precise timing without maintenance
– Cam chain runs quietly, reliably
– Reduces engine vibration for a super-smooth ride
– Allows engine’s full potential to be utilized
Positive Neutral Finder
– When stopped, just lift the shift pedal from first gear to easily find neutral
32mm CVK Semi-Flat Slide Carburetors
– Quick throttle response
– Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
– Designed to boost low and mid-range power
– Tuned pipes enhance low-speed pulling power
Single Disc Front Brake
– Single piston pin-slide caliper produces quick, sure stops
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Gives needed information at a glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
– Laid-back riding comfort for two
Chrome-Plated Wire Spoke Wheels
– Narrow 100/90-19 front tire and beefy 140/90-15 rear tire fits the LTD’s traditional cruiser styling
SPECIFICATIONS USA – 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD:
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, eight-valve parallel twin
Bore x stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.2:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK32 x 2
Ignition: Digital TCBI
Final drive: O-Ring chain
Frame: Double-cradle, steel
Rake / trail: 33 degrees / 5.9 in.
Suspension, front / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic fork / 5.9 in.
Suspension, rear / wheel travel: Dual hydraulic shocks with five-way adjustable spring preload / 3.9 in.
Front tire: 100/90×19
Rear tire: 140/90×15
Brakes, front: Hydraulic disc
Brakes, rear: Mechanical drum
Overall length: 91.3 in.
Overall width: 32.7 in.
Overall height: 44.3 in
Ground clearance: 4.7 in.
Seat height: 28.1 in.
Dry weight: 439 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 62.8 in.
Warranty: 12 Months
SPECIFICATIONS Canada – 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD:
Specifications and features are subject to change