2008 Kawasaki KX65
Back to 2008 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Kawasaki KX65
2008 Kawasaki KX65
The foundation for future champions
Every young rider yearning to try racing after mastering the basics needs the perfect bike to take that first step. The Kawasaki KX™65 is the ideal choice. From a group of friends at a track to fully-sanctioned motocross races, the KX65 is an excellent platform for developing and honing those racing skills. With its liquid-cooled, high-performance two-stroke engine, full-race chassis, long-travel suspension and disc brakes, the smallest KX model is an ideal starting point for young riders who aspire to motocross greatness.
The heart of the KX65 is a liquid-cooled, 64cc two-stroke engine matched to a smooth-shifting six-speed manual transmission and manual clutch. The engine is bolted into a semi-double-cradle steel frame, and like the larger KX models, the KX65’s swing arm uses the UNI-TRAK® linkage system, which applies progressively stiffer damping and spring rates to the single rear shock as the suspension is compressed. The shock and fork boast four-way adjustable rebound damping for optimal handling.
Lightweight aluminum rims reduce unsprung weight to help improve suspension action, and both wheels feature hydraulic disc brakes that not only provide great stopping power, but require little maintenance and simplify wheel removal.
Youngsters who race their KX65 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
– Digital ignition offers ideal timing for better throttle response throughout the rev range
– Magneto with lower inertial moment improves low-rpm response
– Rotor equipped with rare-earth magnets making it smaller, lighter and more durable
– High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark; the punchier response gives an improved acceleration feeling
– Connecting rod big-end bearing has a cage for durability
– Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
– The oil seal of the left crankcase has a stopper for increased engine reliability
– Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover, water pump cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing
– Advanced exhaust and transfer ports for increased power and performance at higher rpm
– Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for increased reliability and resistance to wear and seizure
– Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently
– Large radiator provides more even-running temperatures, keeping the power output consistently strong
– Provides greater reliability and less wear on the engine
24mm Mikuni Carburetor
– Feeds a four-petal reed valve for excellent throttle response
– Allows the engine to produce more power and torque at all rpm
– Positive action and rugged durability
– Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear
– Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models
– Clutch cover gasket made of metal-carbon composite material
High-tensile Steel Frame
– Exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling
– Reinforced down tube for increased strength and durability
– Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Features rising-rate action: as the suspension compresses, the spring and damping strength increase progressively for a more controlled ride
– Four-way adjustable rebound damping offers a variety of settings for various track conditions
– Rebuildable aluminum body
– External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping
– Four clicks of rebound-damping adjustment accommodate different riding styles and terrain
– Rocker arm made from forged aluminum to reduce weight and improve durability
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Light and powerful
– Revised front brake lever shape offers better feel
– Resist fading
– Require less lever pressure
– Reduce unsprung weight for improved suspension action
Detachable Aluminum Silencer
– Silencer is removable from the exhaust pipe and the packing is replaceable
– Oval shape mimics the styling of larger-displacement KX models
SPECIFICATIONS USA – 2008 Kawasaki KX65:
Engine: Two-stroke single
Bore x stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
Induction: Four-petal reed valve
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 2.4 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4
Front tire: 60/100×14
Rear tire: 80/100×12
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 62.6 in.
Overall width: 29.9 in.
Overall height: 37.6 in.
Ground clearance: 12.0 in.
Seat height: 29.9 in.
Dry weight: 125.6 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
Color: Lime Green
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
SPECIFICATIONS Canada – 2008 Kawasaki KX65:
Type Liquid-cooled 2-stroke Single
Displacement 64 cc
Bore and Stroke 44.5 x 41.6 mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Carburetor Mikuni VM24SS
Induction 4-petal reed valve
Ignition Digital CDI
Lubrication Pre-mix (32:1)
Transmission 6-speed, return
Primary Drive Gear
Final Drive Chain
Primary Reduction Ratio 3.500 (77/22)
Gear Ratios: 1st 2.846 (37/13)
2nd 2.125 (34/16)
3rd 1.722 (31/18)
4th 1.428 (30/21)
5th 1.217 (28/23)
6th 1.083 (26/24)
Final Reduction Ratio 3.615 (47/13)
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Type Semi double cradle, High-tensile steel with detachable left-side rear section
Suspension: Front 33 mm telescopic fork, 4-click adjustable rebound damping
Suspension: Rear Bottom-link Uni-Trak with gas-charged shock fully adjustable spring preload, and 4-click rebound damping
Wheel Travel, Front/Rear 210 mm, 240 mm
Tires, Front/Rear 60/100-14, 80/100-12
Caster (Rake) 27°
Trail 60 mm
Front Single-piston caliper, 180 mm disc
Rear Single-piston caliper, 180 mm disc
Overall Length 1,590 mm
Overall Width 760 mm
Overall Height 955 mm
Wheelbase 1,120 mm
Ground Clearance 305 mm
Seat Height 760 mm
Dry Weight 57 kg
Fuel Capacity 3.8 litres
Colour Lime Green
Specifications and features are subject to change