2009 Honda CRF450X
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF450X
2009 Honda CRF450X
In just a short time the CRF450X has grown immensely popular, and for good reason: Having won the grueling and world-renowned Baja 500 and Baja 1000 races multiple times, it has rightfully earned the title King of Baja.
· Electric-start system for easy starting in all conditions.
· Fuel-tank capacity is 1.9 gallons.
· Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
· USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
· Powerful 35-watt halogen headlight offers a wide range of illumination.
· Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
· Convenient sidestand integrated into left footpeg bracket can be easily removed for competition events.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Suspension and chassis tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
· 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
· T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower, and stronger compared to conventional chains.
· Skidplate and engine guards feature a unique three-piece design.
· Powerful four-stroke 449cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for off-road riding (see Technology Section).
· Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of starter gears and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
· Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 71 pounds.
· Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
· Clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
· Forged 12.0:1-compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
· Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
· 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
· Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
· Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
· Exhaust system uses a lightweight, stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
· Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design. Coolant recovery tank is located in front of the engine between the frame downtubes for improved center of gravity. Coolant tank is protected by plastic skidplate.
· Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
· Durable and versatile five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
· Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head (see Technology Section).
· HPSD features a compact damper attached to the upper triple clamp and the steering head to augment more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Tuned specifically for higher speed, non-motocross, off-road riding applications, the CRF450X damper incorporates different valving/settings compared to the units on the motocross models. HPSD provides straight-line confidence at high speeds, a planted feel in corners, less rider fatigue and outstanding control over a wider variety of terrain and riding conditions.
· 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples as used on CRF450R.
· Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
· 25mm rear-axle diameter and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
· Revised, sophisticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork (see Technology Section).
· Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section) with new damper settings.
· Large 50mm diameter for rear shock damper piston for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
· Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
· HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a separate reservoir and hose assembly.
· Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
· Rear-brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
· Wide, cleated, stainless-steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
· Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
· Handlebar holders provide two different mounting positions to match rider preference.
· Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
· Adjustable front-brake lever.
· Hot-start lever conveniently located on clutch perch.
· Quick-adjust clutch perch.
· Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
· Removable rear subframe allows for easy maintenance.
· Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
· Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life.
· Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
· When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
2009 Honda CRF150R – USA Specifications
MSRP: 0,000 USD
Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 96mm x 62mm
Compression ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 35mm intake valve; 30mm exhaust valve
Induction: Keihin 40mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
Starting: Electric and kick
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T
Suspension Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Tires: Front: 80/100-21
Wheelbase: 58.2 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 27.35o
Trail: 117mm (4.6 inches)
Seat Height: 37.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gallons
Curb Weight*: 269 pounds
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
Meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards.
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel- ready to ride.
2009 Honda CRF450X – Canada Specifications