2009 Honda ST1300P
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda ST1300P
2009 Honda ST1300P
Law enforcement agencies can now experience what other Honda riders have known all along: Nothing matches Honda’s legendary performance, quality and reliability.
Features & Benefits
– ABS model combines with Linked Braking System™ (LBS™) for a wide range of braking and steering control. ABS features an electric-motor-driven modulator that gives quick, precise braking-pressure adjustments and smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates an integrated electronic control unit (ECU) controller, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test function and automatic protection against system failure.
– LBS uses a second master cylinder and a proportional control valve to couple the three-piston calipers of the dual-disc front and single-disc rear brakes for even better braking feel, while providing the peace of mind of LBS. Using the front brake lever activates the outer two pistons of the front calipers and the two outer pistons of the rear caliper. Rear-pedal engagement activates the center piston of the rear brake caliper and the center pistons of the front calipers, and a delay valve slows initial front brake response to minimize front-end dive.
– A motor-driven adjustable windscreen offers 7.4 inches and 13 degrees of adjustability for greater wind protection and touring comfort. A thumb-operated pushbutton on the left handlebar operates the windscreen motor. An additional 2.3 inches of manual adjustment is possible by repositioning the windscreen on the mounting brackets.
– New special patrol speedometer is graduated in 2-mph increments above 10 mph.
– Adjustable three-position dual-density solo seat.
– Handlebars raised 25mm and width increased 13.5mm for rider comfort.
– Specialized brackets for lights, sirens, antenna mount and radio/electronic equipment.
– Rear component cover for electronics weather protection.
– Left and right lower engine guards have built-in brackets for mounting accessories.
– Right-handlebar-mounted multifunction switch controls.
– On/off headlight switch.
– 8mm side fairing air-deflector set.
– Compact, powerful 1261cc DOHC 90-degree V-4 produces 125 bhp at 8000 rpm and 85 lb./ft. of torque at 6000 rpm. Longitudinal engine-mounting eliminates an inefficient 90-degree turn in the power flow for improved drivetrain efficiency.
– The ST1300P’s low overall center of gravity contributes to improved low-speed handling. The 360-degree crank contributes to a very broad powerband. Two engine counterbalancers virtually eliminate primary and secondary vibration. Both gear-driven counterbalancer shafts are installed in the lower crankcase to the left side of the crankshaft. The first shaft is driven directly by the crankshaft at a 2:1 ratio. The second shaft is positioned below the first and is driven in the opposite direction by the first balancer shaft’s drive gear. The combination of these two balancers assures a supremely comfortable ride.
– Aluminum-composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
– Large 31mm intake valves and 27mm exhaust valves feed a combustion chamber with a 10.8:1 compression ratio.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve-maintenance intervals.
– Four 36mm throttle bodies.
– High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel at 50 psi into each injector.
– Fuel is delivered through eight holes in each injector, producing a very fine spray and a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
– PGM-FI combines a sophisticated throttle sensor, advanced 3-D digital fuel-injection and ignition mapping and precisely metered fuel delivery to produce smooth and linear throttle response.
– ECU-controlled closed-loop emissions control system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalyzers further reduce emissions of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen.
– Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, optimizing the air/fuel mixture on cold starts and eliminating the need for a manual choke.
– Four-into-two stainless-steel exhaust system features a pair of attractive, triangular-section 5.4-liter mufflers with stainless-steel heat shields.
– Dampers on the transmission mainshaft, clutch and driveshaft reduce noise, vibration and driveline lash.
– High-output 660-watt air-cooled alternator is relocated between the cylinder banks, contributing to a shorter and more compact engine design.
– U-shaped aluminum radiator has excellent cooling capacity; a ring-type fan draws air through the radiator at low speeds to ensure stable operating temperatures for consistent performance and long engine life.
– Sturdy eight-plate hydraulic clutch.
– Five-speed transmission features gear ratios that allow for quicker acceleration and excellent roll-on performance.
– Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system is virtually maintenance-free.
– Rigid aluminum upper triple-clamp and a 45mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork provide excellent suspension control in a wide range of riding conditions.
– The rear suspension incorporates a single shock, which mounts directly onto the swingarm. The shock offers 1.2 inches of spring preload adjustability.
– Large 310mm stainless-steel floating front brake discs and 316mm rear disc for ultimate stopping power.
– Wheels are three-spoke, U-section cast aluminum. The 5.0-inch-wide rear wheel sports a large, low-profile 170/60ZR-17 radial tire. The 3.5-inch-wide front wheel carries a 120/70ZR-18 radial tire.
– Full-coverage bodywork offers superb wind and weather protection, low noise and superior high-speed aerodynamics.
– Integrated lockable and detachable saddlebags hold 35 liters each. The saddlebags contain straps to limit bag opening to 90 degrees to better secure the contents. The straps are easily unbuckled when the bags are dismounted, permitting full access.
– Rugged, plastic-covered body-protector stays extend outward to protect the bodywork in case of a tip-over.
– Dual-section fuel tank places 5.5 gallons of fuel in the conventional tank location with an additional 2.2 gallons located in a sub-tank located low in the chassis. This results in an increase in fuel capacity and creates an even weight distribution for fuel.
– Electric fuel pump operates inside the sub-tank, providing consistent fuel pressure for the PGM-FI system.
– Headlight features dual lenses with twin-filament H4 low/high-beam bulbs and multireflectors.
– A convenient knob located on the left side of the fairing electrically adjusts the headlight angle over a 2.5-degree range.
– A locking left-side fairing pocket offers the carrying capacity of an automobile console; a weather-resistant vinyl flap covers the right-side pocket.
– Breakaway rear-view mirrors minimize damage in the event of a tip-over.
– Convenient centerstand assist-lever folds neatly away when not in use.
– Integrated front and rear turn signals.
– Integrated ignition switch/fork lock. A single ignition key operates all locks.
– Non-transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
2009 Honda ST1300P – USA Specifications
MSRP: $TBA USD
Engine Type: 1261cc liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted 90o V-4
Bore and Stroke: 78mm x 66mm
Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion: PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping and electronic advance
Final Drive: Shaft
Suspension Front: 45mm HMAS cartridge fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: HMAS gas-charged single shock with spring preload adjustability; 4.8 inches travel
Brakes Front: Dual full-floating 310mm discs with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS three-piston caliper
Tires Front: 120/70ZR-18
Wheelbase: 58.7 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 26.0o
Trail: 98mm (3.9 inches)
Seat Height: 31.1 inches (+/- 0.6 inches)
Curb Weight 743 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 7.7 gallons
Meets current CARB emissions standards.
2009 Honda ST1300P – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $TBA CDN
See your Honda Dealer for details.