2009 Honda VTX1300T
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda VTX1300T
2009 Honda VTX1300T
You want a bike for the city, but you also love to take off on a moment’s notice and head for a distant point on the map. Can one bike do both? Check out the Honda VTX1300T Tourer, which blends classic cruiser cool with the practical features needed for long-distance adventure. It comes equipped with a windshield, spacious saddlebags, and a sturdy passenger backrest for all-day comfort. A big 1,312 cc liquid-cooled V-twin provides all the power you’ll need, while dual counterbalancers help to ensure that harsh engine vibration will never spoil your ride.
While every member of the VTX1300 family boasts the sort of comfort that makes riding a breeze, the VTX1300T is the ultimate combination of performance cruising and retro styling – boasting a touring windscreen, cozy passenger backrest, leather saddlebags, and that powerful 1312cc liquid-cooled V-twin to get you where you want to go. Add three new colors, Tourer badging, and start thinking of the longest way to get from Points A to B.
The VTX1300 offers loads of V-twin torque plus a wealth of distinctive styling variations to suit your own individual tastes, all at prices that keep this value-laden winner a perennial favorite.
New for 2009
– VTX1300T colors include Dark Red, Titanium and Black.
Unique VTX1300T Features
– Stylish custom windscreen for rider and passenger touring comfort.
– Leather saddlebags with 24-liter capacity provide ultimate touring convenience.
– Chrome backrest for passenger comfort.
– Exclusive Tourer badging on front fender.
– 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and mid-range torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
– Powerplant features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the engine’s character.
– Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulse transmitted by the VTX’s traditional V-twin design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the V-twin engine.
– Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section).
– Easy-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– Single 38mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response at all engine speeds.
– Electronic Control Unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark-advance settings for superb rideability.
– Coolant-heated carburetor improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
– Unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low 27-inch seat height.
– Two-into-two exhaust system with bullet-style mufflers for a classic custom look.
– Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-center damper to ensure smooth and quiet shifting.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Drive-flange design at the final-drive gear eliminates final-drive noise and wear and simplifies rear-wheel installation.
– The engine’s power is harnessed by a massive tubular steel frame that gives the VTX a long, low, classic stance.
– Large 41mm extended front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
– Dual chromed rear shocks with five-position preload adjustment feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 336mm stainless-steel rotor, and rear disc brake features a single-
piston caliper with a 296mm stainless-steel rotor; together they provide excellent stopping power.
– Specially designed tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, an odometer/A&B tripmeter and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, Neutral, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
– Electric speedometer with easy-to-read classic numerals uses an electronic transmission speed sensor, which eliminates the front-wheel-mounted speedometer cable. This contributes to a clean, uncluttered look.
– Extensive chrome finish of engine parts includes cylinder-head covers, valve inspection covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover and left-rear engine cover.
– Distinctive, chrome-hooded headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– Handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
– Comfortably padded, large-diameter handgrips with polished-
aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
– 4.8-gallon fuel tank for extended cruising and touring range.
– Reliable 364-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan. Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA – certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Riders Club of America® (HRCA®).
Honda Genuine Accessories – VTX1300T
– Windscreens/Lightbars: Lower Wind Deflectors, Boulevard Screens (two styles: Clear and Tinted), Sport Screen, Chrome Lightbar.
– Leather: Saddlebags (two styles: Studded and Fringed), Leather Touring Bag (three styles: Studded, Fringed and Plain), Leather Front Pouch (three styles: Studded, Fringed and Plain), Leather Tank Belt with Pocket (two styles: Studded and Plain).
– Backrests and Rear Carriers: Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low), Deluxe Chrome Backrest with Pad, Chrome Rear Carrier, Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier, Chrome Backrest with Pad (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Rear Carrier (Neo-Retro), Chrome Passenger Grabrails.
– Chrome: Front Fender Trim, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Ornament, Chrome Rear Fender Trim, Chrome Solo Seat Rear Carrier, Chrome Seat Rail Trim, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts (three sizes: 5mm, 6mm and 8mm), Chrome Driveshaft Cover.
– Billet: Master-Cylinder Cap (V Design, Neo-Retro), License Plate Frame (V Design, Neo-Retro), Clutch Cover, Timing Cover, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Countershaft Cover Trim, Driveshaft Bolt Cover (V Design, Neo-Retro), Dipstick.
– Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
2009 Honda VTX1300T – USA Specifications
MSRP: $11,299 USD
Engine Type 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke 89.5mm x 104.3mm
Induction Single 38mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition Digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Final Drive Shaft
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear Suspension Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.7 inches travel
Front Brake Single 336 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake Single 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front Tire 140/80-17
Rear Tire 170/80-15
Wheelbase 65.7 inches
Seat Height 27.35 inches
Curb Weight 748 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
Trail 144mm (5.7 inches)
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserve
Available Colors Black, Titanium, Dark Red
Model ID VTX1300T
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
Note Full Touring Features
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
2009 Honda VTX1300T – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $13,199 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 1,312 cc
Bore & Stroke 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 38 mm CV carb
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 41 mm fork, 129 mm (5.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 94 mm (3.7 inches) travel
Tires 140/80 – 17 front; 170/80 – 15 rear
Brakes Front single 336 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear single 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Seat Height 695 mm (27.4 inches)
Wheelbase 1,669 mm (65.7 inches)
Curb Weight 339 kg (748 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 18 litres
Colour Dark Red Metallic, Pearl Challenger Brown