2009 Yamaha Zuma
Back to 2009 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Yamaha Zuma
2009 Yamaha Zuma
Good things come in small packages.
The sporty Zuma is a fantastic combination of fun and practicality.
Back by popular demand, the sporty Zuma is a fantastic combination of fun and practicality. Think of it as a very trick scooter or a very small sport-utility vehicle, the Zuma’s up for anything.
– The sporty Zuma is a fantastic combination of fun and practicality.
– Carburetor settings and exhaust catalyzer technology reduce exhaust emissions.
49cc of reed-valve-inducted, Autolube-injected, two-stroke performance keeps the Zuma at the head of the 50cc pack.
– Fully automatic transmission and pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma super-convenient.
– There’s room for two atop the Zuma’s seat and lots of locking storage beneath it.
– Feisty 49cc, air-cooled two-stroke engine features a high 7.0:1 compression ratio for strong, usable power—perfect for around-town performance.
– Reed-valve induction provides excellent throttle response and power delivery.
– 14mm Teikei carburetor ensures seamless fuel delivery and crisp throttle response.
– Fan-assisted cooling system keeps engine temperatures reliably under control, even while idling at stoplights—for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
– Exclusive Autolube Oil Injection System ensures no mess or hassle of premixing fuel and oil.
– Easy-to-read indicator light located on instrument panel alerts rider when oil level gets low.
– Easy, dependable electric starting with backup kickstarter.
– Fully automatic, V-belt transmission ensures easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
– DC-CDI system provides precise, high-voltage spark for seamless engine performance and excellent reliability.
– Automatic choke makes cold starting a cinch.
– Step-through frame design allows easy mounting.
– Long wheelbase (50.2 inches) and large dimensions (74.4”L x 27.8”W x 43.7”H) enhance rider comfort with roomier ergonomics.
– Five-spoke cast wheels wear fat, low-profile 120/90-10 front and 130/90-10 rear tires that deliver tons of grip and attitude.
– Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect inner tubes from debris.
– Telescopic front fork with 2.6 inches of travel smoothly soaks up what the road throws the rider’s way.
– Single rear shock with 2.4 inches of travel ensures plush ride quality in either solo or two-up mode.
– 155mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power.
– Super-sporty styling and bodywork create a racy package with an aggressive profile and riding position.
– Wide front apron and floorboards enhance Zuma’s sporty profile while providing exceptional wind/weather protection and all-day comfort.
– Headlight system features dual bulbs with housings mounted atop the apron (vs. recessed) for great visibility and a sporty finish.
– Huge underseat storage compartment, perfect for hauling schoolbooks or groceries.
– Plush dual seat is long and wide for improved rider and passenger comfort.
– Sturdy rear cargo rack boasts stainless finish and features extensions that double as passenger grabrails.
– Electronic fuel gauge lets rider easily keep track of gas level.
– Easy-to-read instrument panel features turn signal, high-beam and low-oil indicator lights.
2009 Yamaha Zuma – USA Specifications
MSRP* $2,199 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from October 2008
$2,199 (Raven) Available from October 2008
Type 49cc air-cooled 2-stroke single reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke 40.0mm x 39.2mm
Compression Ratio 7.0:1
Carburetion 14mm Teikei
Ignition DC CDI
Transmission V-belt automatic
Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 2.6-in travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock; 2.4-in travel
Brakes/Front 155mm disc
Length 74.4 in
Width 27.8 in
Height 43.7 in
Seat Height 30.1 in
Wheelbase 50.2 in
Fuel Capacity 1.5 gal
Fuel Economy** 123 mpg
Wet Weight 207 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.