Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2013 Can-Am Hybrid Roadster
2013 Can-Am Hybrid Roadster
The Future Can-Am Spyder HYBRID ROADSTER
In 2007, BRP launched its first on-road vehicle. The Can-Am Spyder roadster. A true paradigm shift with its unique Y-architecture.
Our passion for innovation continues as we work toward developing a future hybrid electric vehicle (HEV). Our goal is dramatically
reduced emissions and superior fuel efficiency. We believe that the HEV engine is the way forward for the environment and will bring about another milestone on BRP’s road map toward eco-performing vehicles. The advanced concept Can-Am HEV Spyder roadster is once again testimony of BRP’s passion for innovation in the powersports industry. Shaping the future of open-air riding. Again.
WILL FEATURE :
• Plug-in hybrid roadster
• 600 cc internal combustion engine
• 20 kW continuous power electric motor
• Lithium-ion battery
• Similar acceleration to the Spyder 990 RS roadster
PER FORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
• Range in electric mode: 30 km (20 mi)
• Fuel efficiency: 50% improvement
• Emissions: 50% reduction
• Total range: 600 km (375 mi)
First ever hybrid Roadster from Can-Am, introduced in 2012.