Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 (Camo)
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 (Camo)
A comfortable fit everywhere from farms and ranches to downtown industrial environments, the success of Kawasaki’s two-wheel-drive Mule™ 600 utility vehicle is no secret. Getting two people, tools and supplies to a job site, or letting them enjoy the great outdoors—at a price less than many ATVs—is just smart economics. The versatility of Kawasaki’s entry-level utility model is enhanced by its transportability; it’s an easy fit in the bed of a full-size pickup truck.
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 (Camo) Technology
At a glance…
– New digital fuel injection (DFI®) system
– New electric power steering (EPS) system
– All-new styling
– New dashboard
– Two or four seats with revolutionary transformable design
– Fully automatic transmission with selectable 2 or 4-wheel drive
– Realtree® Hardwoods Green HD® body panels
Transformable Cargo Bed
– Two rows of seats easily accommodate up to four people
– It can be transformed from a four-passenger to a two-passenger off-road utility vehicle with the rear seat folded down and the cargo bed expanded to carry larger payload (From 400 lbs. with 4 passengers to 800 lbs. with 2 passengers)
– Rear bench seat includes retractable seat belts and padded rear-passenger grab handle
Liquid Cooled, V-Twin Engine
– Four-stroke, 617cc V-Twin industrial engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
– Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
– Large capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
– Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
– Computer controlled fuel injection system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, air and engine temperature, for easy, prompt engine starting under a variety of conditions
– Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
– Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
– Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth efficient operation
– Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
– Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– DFI precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
– Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
– Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
– Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high and low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads, or terrain
– The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
– Tuned to accommodate higher loads
– Large drive and driven torque converters maximize engagement area of the thick and strong drive belt for improved heat dissipation and add durability
– High-flow cover helps cool the CVT while providing superb splash protection and water proofing
– Sheaves with high silicon type material for increased durability
– An open sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
– Offers adjustable belt deflection
Cab Frame Air Intake
– Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there’s less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Torque Converter Air Filter
– Efficient intake cooling fan draws plenty of air into the CVT
– Special air cleaner with easily replaceable filter element cuts torque converter wear by cooling it with filtered air
New Electric Power Steering (EPS)
– The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
– Input from a vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s electric motor
– To keep from possibly draining the battery, the EPS only operates when the engine is running
– When engine is stopped, more force is needed to turn the steering wheel even if the ignition is switched on
4-Wheel Drive with 2-Speed Transfer Case
– Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
– Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
– Dual-mode rear differential can be “locked” for extra pulling power and maximum traction or unlocked when traveling across delicate terrain
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
– MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
– Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
– Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
– Semi-independent action
4-Wheel, Self-Adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
– Powerful, low maintenance four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
– The brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
Wheels and Tires
– 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls for an improved the ride and added ground clearance
– The rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
– The wheel bearings seals on all four wheels have 3 lips for better protection
Front Hood with Storage Tub
– Large under hood storage tub holds cargo out of site
– Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
– Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
– Steel tilting cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds
– Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduces vibration and noise, and adds durability
Rugged and Capable
– Can tow up to 1,200 lbs with optional Kawasaki draw bar
– Meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
– Bench seat can carry up to three
– Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
– The oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
– Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
– An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
– New body features rugged, modern truck look styling, wrapped in Realtree® Hardwoods Green HD® camouflage
– Includes dual glove boxes
– Includes cup holders for both the driver and passenger
– 12V DC outlet with 10 amp capacity
– The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
– Relocated parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
– Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for Hi-Lo switch lever
– Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
– Hour meter and a horn are standard equipment
Popular Accessory Items
– Soft or Hard Top
– Enclosed Cab
– Cab Heater
– Snow Plow
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 (Camo) – USA Specifications
US MSRP* $11,999 USD
Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
Bore x Stroke 76 x 68mm
Compression ratio 10.3:1
Carburetor Digital Fuel Injection
Air filter Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition Digital electronic
Electrical 12V, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, neutral and reverse
Final drive Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Tires 23×11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheelbase Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheelbase Semi-independent, DeDion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
Steering Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
Fuel capacity 6.2 gal.
Dry weight 1,563 lbs.
Overall length 130.1 in.
Overall height 75.8 in.
Overall width 58.5 in.
Wheelbase 85.2 in.
Ground clearance 7.1 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 50.4 x 47.7 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft. (2-passenger mode) 30.3 x 47.7 x 11.3 (4-passenger mode)
Load capacity 1,330 lbs.
Cargo Bed Capacity 400 lbs. (4-passenger mode) / 800 lbs. (2-passenger mode)
Towing capacity 1,200 lbs.
Turning radius 12.8 ft.
Top speed 25 mph, governed
Lighting (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
Instruments Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet
Color Choices Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage
Warranty 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12 or 24 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 (Camo) – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP* $NA CDN
Model not available in Canada
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.