Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4X4
2011 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4X4
Dependable all-terrain performer
An all-around contender in the mid-sized category, the Prairie® 360 4×4 ATV helps you handle business and fun. Whether you’re hauling firewood or exploring the wilderness, this capable ATV is a solid choice. Its dependable air-cooled four-stroke single cylinder engine, Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System with engine brake control, and variable locking front differential control combine to deliver the power and stability users seek in a practical off-road machine.
This reasonably priced ATV features a 362cc engine with a continuously variable transmission with high, low and reverse gears. Its reliable shaft drive requires minimal maintenance. Suspension duties are ably handled by the MacPherson strut front suspension and a preload adjustable rear shock.
If additional traction is needed, the rider can send power to all four wheels at the flip of a switch. A limited-slip front differential helps keep steering light and precise, even in four-wheel drive. In extreme conditions, the rider can use Kawasaki’s Variable Front Differential Control lever to send power to both front wheels. Once maximum traction is no longer needed, the rider simply releases the lever — a simple and effective system.
Stopping power on the Prairie 360 4×4 is provided by a combination of dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. Further speed control is provided by the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, which uses engine compression and CVT belt pressure to help slow the ATV under certain conditions.
The MacPherson strut front suspension and a single-shock aluminum swingarm rear suspension give the Prairie 360 4×4 a supple ride with 6.7 and 7.1 inches of travel front and rear, respectively. A large, comfortable saddle and full-sized floorboards with adjustable footpegs further maximize rider comfort.
Its steel front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds. Other conveniences include powerful dual halogen headlights, and a hitch bracket that is standard, permitting the rider to tow 1,100 pounds — the highest towing capacity in its class. Owners can expand the versatility of their Prairie ATV via the extensive line of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories, available through Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
362cc Air-cooled, Four-stroke Engine
– Smooth and reliable
– Delivers exceptional torque, providing the best combination of performance and simplicity
– Kawasaki Engine Brake Control uses the engine’s compression to help slow the Prairie 360 4×4 under certain conditions
– Continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse, so no shifting is required
– Dependable shaft drive requires minimal maintenance
– Selectable four-wheel drive can be activated with the flip of a switch — simple and effective
– Kawasaki Variable Front Differential Control lets the rider manage how much torque is delivered to both front wheels
Chassis and Suspension
– Large saddle and full-sized floorboards with adjustable serrated footpegs provide superior comfort and help protect the rider’s feet from mud and debris
– Smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension provides 6.7 inches of travel while the rear swingarm with adjustable shock provides 7.1 inches of travel
– Front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds
– MAXXIS AT 25×8-12 (front) and AT 25×10-12 (rear) tubeless tires are used for great off-road traction
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– Muffler complies with EPA and CARB regulations
– Dual front disc brakes provide superior stopping power to the front wheels
– Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system is protected from mud, dust, debris and water while providing superior rear braking power with practically no maintenance
– Standard hitch bracket makes installing a ball hitch quick and easy for towing up to 1,100 pounds
– 12-volt electric outlet provides power for your electronic accessories
– Bright dual 30W halogen headlights for chores and fun after sunset
2011 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4X4 – Specifications
American MSRP $6,149 US
Canadian MSRP $NA CDN
Engine: Four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve
Bore x Stroke: 80 x 63mm
Compression ratio: 9.9: 1
Carburetion: (2) Keihin CVKR-D32
Starting system: Electric
Transmission: KAPS, Dual Range with Reverse, 2WD/4WD, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
Final drive: 2×4 / 4×4 shaft
Frame Type: Double cradle, tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment / 6.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment / 7.9 in.
Front Tire Size: AT25x8-12
Rear Tire Size: AT25x10-12
Front brakes: (2) Dual-piston disc
Rear Brakes: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 86.4 in.
Overall width: 45.9 in.
Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
Ground clearance: 9.7 in.
Seat height: 35.6 in.
Lighting, headlights: (2) 40W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight
Total rack capacity: 264 lbs.
Towing capacity: 1,250 lbs.
Curb weight: 652.7 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.4 gal.
Instruments: Digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge, 2×4 / 4×4 indicator light, neutral indicator light, reverse indicator light, low fuel warning light, low oil warning light
Color Choices: Dark Royal Red
Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty: 12 Months