2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE
Back to 2012 Kawasaki ATV Quad Models Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Review
The Leading RUV Goes Deluxe
For those who want the performance of the industry’s leading V-twin powered Recreation Utility Vehicle (RUV) and a bit of luxury, Kawasaki’s Teryx® 750 FI 4×4 LE fits the bill. The upscale LE is apart from our other class-leading RUVs by its luxury touches, which include a cab roof, deflector windshield, a retractable cup holder and high quality, automotive-style paintwork.
This deluxe Teryx includes a cab roof, deflector windshield, a retractable cup holder and high quality, automotive-style paint.
Receiving continual improvements since its introduction, including digital fuel injection, a forward-tilting hood, and a better cooling system, among other refinements, the Teryx RUV continues to be at the top of its class.
Power is key when it comes to a performance RUV like the Teryx LE, and when it comes to power, no other RUV can touch this one’s 749cc 90-degree 8-valve V-twin. Not only is this engine plenty powerful down low and higher in its rev range, its 90-degree configuration gives it perfect primary balance for unmatched smoothness at any rpm—and a great exhaust note that sets the Teryx LE apart from lesser RUVs.
Feeding that impressive engine its cocktail of fuel and air is the Teryx LE’s advanced digital fuel-injection system. The system offers automatic elevation compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. There’s also an ignition cut-out feature that won’t allow the Teryx LE to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. That new braking system technology complements the Teryx LE’s CVT Belt Protection System, which automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping) and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is packaged in an advanced chassis narrow enough to navigate most trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and a great ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. And the upper frame combines cool style and protection with enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably buckled in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasaki’s super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, taking you practically anywhere you feel like going. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction. And while you’re doing all that, the LE’s half windshield and cab top shield you from the elements, while its retractable cup holders make it easy to grab a refreshing drink on the go.
Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension, adjustable Kayaba gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, while a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design that reduces camber changes offers sharp steering at all times. When it’s time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath brake system in back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking while driving down hills. Specially designed 26-inch Maxxis tires custom-built for the Teryx LE’s design characteristics are the final ingredient in its amazingly potent handling package.
All in all, this one does it all – and does it in style.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers for the 2012 Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RUV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Features and Benefits:
Exclusive LE Features
: – Half windscreen
– Rigid sun top
– Retractable dual cup holder
– Quality, automotive-style paint will look great for years to come.
Liquid-cooled 749cc V-twin Engine
– Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power
– Oversquare (85 x 66mm) engine dimensions and free-breathing 4-valve cylinder heads contribute to the Teryx’s superb acceleration and power level
– The 90-degree V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration
– Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
– Engine can be started in any gear, as long as the brake pedal is depressed
– Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing down hills
– Engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance
– Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions
– Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a large cooling fan increases cooling capacity in slow going
– Engine weight is kept down using many advanced techniques, including carving lightening webs into the crank webs, using rare earth magnets, a small generator and paring excess material wherever possible
– An ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on
– Large-diameter cooling system hoses maximize coolant flow and overall capacity, while the coolant reserve tank is located under the front cover for easy maintenance
Digital Fuel Injection System
– Digital fuel injection enhances throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation for optimum performance in a wide range of environments
– The fuel injection system is controlled by a 32-bit CPU and continually monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically meter out the ideal amount of fuel via two 34mm throttle bodies for extremely stable power delivery – regardless of the conditions
– FI systems permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to help ensure smooth engine warm up
– The high-pressure fuel pump located inside the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the fuel pump to ensure air does not get into the fuel system
– Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies and optimized ignition timing maximize low and mid-range torque as well as offer improved response at higher rpm
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System CVT
– Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced and continuously variable transmission provides a very direct feel from the engine and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sporty riding
– Transmission utilizes a high-grade, super-durable Kevlar-impregnated belt designed to handle the high output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard chrome-finished for added durability
– The CVT Belt Protection System prevents tire freewheel, improves rocky terrain performance and reduces belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system
– Unnecessary belt wear is minimized with a system that reduces engine speed if the engine operates at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless
– A large intake duct, located to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT
– Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct minimizes intake temperatures
Snorkel Air Intake
– Voluminous air cleaner box containing an oval filter with plenty of surface area feeds the engine lots of clean air while reducing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
Selectable Four-wheel-drive / Variable Front Differential Control
– Selecting two
– or four-wheel-drive is as easy as pressing a switch located on the dash; electrically selectable 2WD/4WD system engages instantly
– Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits the rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between the seats
– Rear gear case keeps rear wheels locked and turning together for maximum forward thrust
– Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding
– Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS)
– Sport-focused suspension is designed for high-performance riding
– Wide track helps provide additional stability but still allows the unit to fit in a standard pickup truck bed
– Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance, which strikes a perfect compromise between great low-cg handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
– Narrow frame concept maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms for excellent handling performance and minimal geometry change throughout the suspension’s travel
– Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and taut steering
– The tilt bed’s frame is engineered with plenty of rigidity for superb durability
– Hinged, forward-tilting front hood and headlight assembly offers aggressive styling and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easy maintenance and suspension tuning
– High-performance, single-chamber, preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel
– Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds
– The preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba rear shocks feature piggy-back reservoirs, further reducing the tendency of oil to froth under hard conditions
– A torsion bar in back helps keep body roll to a minimum
– Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mount 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. The discs are tucked inside the wheels, where they’re protected from debris
– Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any conditions along with reduced maintenance thanks to being completely sealed from outside contaminants
– The sealed rear brake’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance
Large, 26-inch Tires
– Custom 26-inch MAXXIS tires specially developed for the Teryx help provide outstanding handling
– Mounted on 12-inch rims, the largest tires available in the RUV category provide outstanding rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance
Tilting Cargo Bed
– With a 500-pound capacity, a tilting bed, tie-down hooks in all four corners, a standard cargo net and generous dimensions, the Teryx RUV is as functional as it is fun to ride
– Gas-assist struts help facilitate cleaning and maintenance
– Reinforced bed frame offers substantial rigidity for a high degree of durability
– Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults
– Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts help provide a comfortable ride
– Padded steering wheel is positioned low for comfort and provides additional driver protection
Multi-Function Digital Display
– Standard on all models, the Multi-Function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators, digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, CVT belt temperature warning, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning lights
– Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork has a beautiful high-gloss finish that’s more scratch-resistant than polyethylene—so it stays great-looking longer
– Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris
– Teryx’s battery and electric parts are located higher and further away from water and harm’s way
– Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean you’ll see and be seen
Range / Transportability
– Large, 7.4 gal. (28L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provide campers and hunters the ability to get deep into the bush and back again
– Even with its wide-track and big tires, the Teryx is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE – Specifications and Technical Details
US MSRP*: $11,299 USD
Canadian MSRP*: $TBA CDN
Engine Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
Valve System SOHC, four valves per cylinder
Starting System Electric
Bore x Stroke 85 x 66mm
Compression Ratio 8.8:1
Fuel System 2 x Mikuni 34 mm throttle bodies
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Transmission Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
Final drive Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
Frame type Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.5 in.
Front Tire Size Maxxis 26×8-12
Rear Tire Size Maxxis 26×10-12
Front brakes Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
Rear Brakes Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length 116.3 in.
Overall width 58.5 in.
Overall height 79.5 in.
Wheelbase 76.0 in.
Ground clearance 11.6 in.
Lighting (2) 35W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight
Cargo Bed Capacity 500 lbs., 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H
Towing Capacity 1,300 lbs.
Curb weight 1,428 lbs.
Fuel capacity 7.4 gal.
Instruments Multi-function Digital Meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators
Color Choices Metallic Nocturne Blue
Warranty 6 months base warranty
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24,36, & 48 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.