Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha TT-R230 Review
2015 Yamaha TT-R230 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The Most Fun for the Dollar Anywhere…
Riders of all skill levels will have a blast riding the easy to use, easy to start and easy to maintain TT-R230! Low seat height and smooth, torquey power are perfect for beginners and more experienced riders alike.
2015 Yamaha TT-R230 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
•YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
•Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for great rider mobility.
•Electric start makes getting started a simple pushbutton exercise.
•A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance make this a serious trailbike that’s also accessible to wide range of riders.
•Steel, diamond-type-design frame means great handling and strength.
Peppy, air-cooled, 223cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces predictable power aimed at easing both beginner and intermediate riders into the fun and excitement of off-road riding.
Diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1385mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb maneuverability and responsive handling.
2015 Yamaha TT-R230 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Peppy, air-cooled, 223cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces predictable power aimed at easing both beginner and intermediate riders into the fun and excitement of off-road riding.
• Convenient, dependable electric starter ensures hassle-free, push-button starting.
• CD ignition system is ultra-reliable and never needs maintenance.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and mechanical noise.
• Teikei Y26P carburetor provides crisp throttle response while also providing excellent fuel economy. The carb features “electroless” nickel plating on the valve seat and a stainless steel needle valve screw to off set the effects of E10 fuel (10% ethanol fuel).
• WR-style washable foam air filter provides improved engine performance, excellent filtering function and easy serviceability. Since the foam filter is washable, it reduces tune-up costs too.
• Smooth shifting, manual, 6-speed, close ratio transmission features optimized gear ratios for maximum off road fun and versatility.
• Lightweight, upswept exhaust system features a screen-type spark arrestor like those found on the WR series. This style of spark arrestor can be cleaned, thereby reducing tune-up costs. There are heat shields to protect the rider.
• Diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1385mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb maneuverability and responsive handling.
• Rugged box section steel swingarm features easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters.
• 36mm leading axle front fork offers 240mm (9.5″) of wheel travel providing plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
• Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
• Monocross link single shock rear suspension offers 220mm (8.7″) of wheel travel and delivers smooth, progressive suspension performance.
• Rear shock adjusts for spring preload so rider can tailor suspension to rider weight and terrain.
• Ground clearance is 295mm or 11.6 inches for enhanced terrainability.
• Front 220mm disc with twin piston caliper ensures fast, fade-free stopping power.
• Rear drum brake with easy-to-use wing nut adjuster
• 21″ front and 18″ rear aluminum rims reduce weight for great handling and suspension performance. Knobby tires provide motocross-spec traction.
• Aggressive styling highlights Yamaha’s championship winning YZ racing heritage. The rugged plastic components resist damage in the event of a tip over. The slim design bodywork allows excellent rider maneuverability.
• 8-litre plastic fuel tank resists damage in the event of a tip over and features an off/on/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind.
• “Bar-type” engine protector offers protection to the engine.
• Long, flat, YZ-style two-tone seat provides great rider comfortable and allows easy rider movements.
• Team Yamaha-inspired colour and graphics.
• Motocross-style handlebar with reinforcing crossbar
• Brake and clutch lever boots / covers help reduce dirt and mud build-up.
• Wide serrated folding footpegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions.
• Folding gear shift lever and rear brake pedal tip
• Convenient carburetor-mounted choke
• Heavy-duty “O” ring chain
• Lightweight push button main ignition switch is handlebar mounted. Red warning light is provided to indicate if the power is active.
• Lightweight, sealed (spill proof) low maintenance battery.
• E10 compatible fuel system components
2015 Yamaha TT-R230 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3,990 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from November 2014
Engine Type 223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke, 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 70.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 9.4-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 8.7-in travel
Brakes / Front 220mm single disc
Brakes / Rear 130mm drum
Tires / Front 80/100-21 NHS
Tires / Rear 100/100-18 NHS
Length 81.3 in
Width 31.5 in
Height 46.5 in
Seat Height 34.3 in
Wheelbase 54.5 in
Ground Clearance 11.6 in
Fuel Capacity 2.1 gal
Wet Weight** 251 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha TT-R230 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $3,999 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
70 x 58mm
1.9kg-m (13.7 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Electric
6-speed w/manual clutch
36mm fork / 240mm (9.4″) wheel travel
Adjustable link-type Monocross / 220mm (8.7″) wheel travel
220mm disc / twin piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)
114kg (251 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).