OLD SCHOOL OLD SOUL.
2020 Yamaha Bolt:
Designers and custom builders are stepping back to a time when the mechanical beauty of a motorcycle was highlighted in its styling. The Bolt’s simple styling, compact layout, V-twin power and natural riding position combine to offer an incredibly fun riding experience.
The perfect union of old‑school soul and modern form featuring a torquey V‑Twin, and classic bobber design.
942 cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin engine produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque. Maximum torque is reached at only 3,000 rpm for an exceptionally fun riding experience.
The Bolt is designed to be compact and slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily customize the bike.
2020 Yamaha Bolt Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
1. Urban Performance Styling
The Bolt® is stripped down with minimal chrome, epitomizing the “Urban Performance Bobber” look. The compact chassis proudly showcases the 58 cubic inch (942cc), air-cooled, 60° V-twin sitting at the heart of the bike.
2. High- Tech Engine
The Bolt uses modern technology to create a riding experience superior to other similarly sized machines. Fuel injection and ignition timing maps have been chosen specifically for this bike to deliver class-leading performance with strong low and midrange torque sure to bring a smile to every rider’s face.
3. Compact, Stable Chassis
The slim body and low seat design combine to give the motorcycle light maneuverability and a stable handling feeling. The upright riding posture helps the rider feel the wind, hear the sounds and experience the pulse of the machine.
4. Ready to Customize
For riders who value personalization, the options for the Bolt are limited only by the owner’s imagination. As we say with the Star® cruiser line, “We build it. You make it your own.”® And as the perfect canvas for customization, Bolt is the ultimate example of that philosophy.
5. Unique Bolt Persona
Components such as the 3.4 gallon fuel tank, belt drive, front and rear wheels, digital meter and steel fenders combine to create a distinct look in the Star cruiser line-up.
Yamaha Announces 2020 Sport Heritage Motorcycles
Iconic Designs meet Modern Technology for Exciting Performance with Character
MARIETTA, Ga. – September 4, 2019 – Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, today announced several 2020 model-year Sport Heritage motorcycles. The powerful VMAX cruiser, Bolt and Bolt R-Spec urban performance bobbers, and the entry-level V Star 250 return to the lineup as key models that continue to deliver iconic design with advanced engine and chassis technology.
The Faster Sons Design Philosophy
Yamaha’s Sport Heritage motorcycle models draw inspiration from in-depth experience spanning seven decades of design and manufacture of famous and iconic motorcycles. During this time, the world of motorcycling has continually evolved, yet the unique emotions and intense excitement experienced when riding on two wheels have always stayed the same. The Faster Sons design philosophy fuses iconic style with modern technology to create enjoyable and exciting motorcycles that recall the past while featuring the performance of today.
The 2020 VMAX is the ultimate power cruiser, designed to deliver eye-opening performance from its thunderous 65-degree, 1679cc V-four engine. Astonishing-yet-controllable acceleration is achieved throughout a broad range of power, thanks to Yamaha’s Chip-Controlled Intake (YCC-I) and Chip-Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) fly-by-wire technology. The four-into-one-into-two-into-four exhaust system adds to the iconic VMAX look and delivers legendary sound.
A lightweight aluminum chassis places the engine low and forward for mass centralization, while huge cartridge-damper-type front forks and a link-type Monocross rear suspension with a fully adjustable remote-reservoir shock combine to make the VMAX handle curves and straightaways with ease.
The 2020 VMAX will be available from authorized Yamaha dealers in Matte Raven Black beginning in October for an MSRP of $17,999.
2020 Bolt and Bolt R-Spec
The 2020 Bolt and Bolt R-Spec are designed to offer the ultimate in urban riding fun and feature a 942cc air-cooled 60-degree V-twin engine for excellent power and low-end torque. Their stripped-down design epitomizes the “Urban Performance Bobber” look while a compact, stable chassis delivers light maneuverability with an upright riding position and low seat height.
The Bolt R-Spec takes performance and style to the next level, with twin piggyback rear shocks tuned for great comfort and handling, and 12-spoke cast alloy wheels for added strength and toughness.
The 2020 Bolt will be available in Raven for an MSRP of $7,999, and the 2020 Bolt R-Spec will be available in Matte Silver for an MSRP of $8,399. Both models will begin arriving at authorized Yamaha dealers in September (October delivery for California dealers).
2020 V Star 250
The light and nimble 2020 V Star 250 delivers smooth power and easy handling in a stylish, entry-level V-twin package. Powered by the only V-Twin in its class, the unique 249cc air-cooled 60-degree engine delivers plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. Lightweight and compact with a low 27-inch seat height, the V Star 250 offers easy handling and maneuverability for first-time riders. With its 2.5-gallon fuel capacity and estimated 78 mpg, there is plenty of time for riding fun between fill-ups.
The 2020 V Star 250 will available in Metallic Silver and begin arriving at authorized Yamaha dealers in September (October delivery for California dealers) for an MSRP of $4,349.
2020 Yamaha Bolt Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Blacked out, 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. Maximum torque is reached at 3,000 rpms, for relaxed cruising performance.
- SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads.
- 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
- 5 mm intake & 28 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs
- compact pent roof combustion chamber design & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions
- 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
- Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves.
- Y shaped roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction
- slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced camshaft wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
- No fuss, traditional air-cooled engine design.
- cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin engine design
- cooling fins have been optimized for reliable cooling even in stop & go traffic
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
- “Liner-less”, ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum blocks, eliminating the liners & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- extended cylinder service life
- Flat top, lightweight forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
- Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
- Wet sump lubrication system with easy access, spin on oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
- Classic side mounted 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
- “Closed loop”, dual bore, 35 mm throttle body fuel injection system with linear throttle response for easy riding.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power
- ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle
- 4 – hole injectors optimize fuel atomization & feature a dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
- “closed loop system” uses an oxygen sensor to “sniff” spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket “slip-on” mufflers will not affect the closed loop system
- fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
- optimized gear ratios match engine power for strong acceleration
- 5th gear offers reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
- clutch is an “outer pull” design for light, easy lever effort
- Special narrow design belt drive final drive.
- narrow 21 mm wide belt design
- cleaner & quieter than chain drive… no messy chain splatter
- low maintenance… no regular adjustments or lubrication required
- belt drive system simplifies customization
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- 2 into 1 exhaust system.
- large diameter header pipes for maximum flow
- dual stage muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
- 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.
- Tube type, double cradle steel frame.
- provides a natural riding position & roomy ergonomics combined with a low 690 mm (27.2″) seat height
- frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system optimizing the overall chassis rigidity balance for superior handling
- engine mounting position provides a low center of gravity for light, easy handling
- Tube-type, steel, swingarm compliments the frame & features a dual shock rear suspension system.
- Compact 1570mm (61.8″) wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
- 41mm KYB front fork offers 120 mm (4.7″) of wheel travel.
- good ride comfort & compliance
- chip guards help prevent fork tube “nicks” & protect fork seals
- Adjustable, dual shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70mm (2.8″).
- 5 – positions of spring preload adjustability to suit load and / or rider preferences
- Single, 298mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style disc squeezed by a twin piston caliper.
- strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power
- wave-style disc offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation
- 298 mm rear wave-style disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper.
- caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm, reducing the centre of gravity for light handling
- location also hides the caliper for a clean, custom look
- Classic spoke wheels.
- front wheel size is 2.50 x 19; tire size is 100/90 x 19
- rear wheel size is MT3.50 x 16; tire size is 150/80 x 16
- tube-type tires
- Short design, front & rear steel fenders for easy painting or customization.
- 13 litre, slim design flangeless fuel tank.
- 8 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates)
- high capacity electric fuel pump
- Separate rider & passenger seats.
- good comfort & support
- seat height is 690 mm or 27.2″ off the ground, enhancing rider confidence
- narrow design through seat-fuel tank junction makes it easier to get both feet on the ground
- passenger seat can be easily removed if desired
- Foot pegs are positioned more rearward than on a traditional cruiser for a more natural & upright riding position.
- Conventional low handlebar offers an upright riding position.
- excellent rider comfort
- bar can be changed to a different “bend” for easy customization or personal preferences
- Triple clamp mounted LCD digital meter / instrument.
- functions include; speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light activated), clock & range of warning lights
- self-diagnostic function
- instrument functions can be “tabbed” through & reset using the RHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument functions without taking hands off the bars.
- 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight with chromed bezel.
- “Vintage design” LED tail light.
- The Bolt is designed to be compact & slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Star accessories.
- Industry-leading Star family fit & finish
- Upper & lower belt drive cover helps prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
- Fork mounted steering lock
- Self-cancelling turn signals
- Passing switch (flashes high beam)
- Traditional dipstick to check oil level
- Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2020 Yamaha Bolt – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7,999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $9,099 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 58-cubic-inch (942cc) air-cooled SOHC V-twin; 4
Bore x Stroke 85.0mm x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel
Suspension / Rear Dual shocks, 2.8-in travel
Brakes / Front Wave-type disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear Wave-type disc, 298mm
Tires / Front 100/90-19
Tires / Rear 150/80-16
L x W x H 90.2 in x 37.2 in x 44.1 in
Seat Height 27.2 in
Wheelbase 61.8 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 29.0°
Trail 5.1 in
Ground Clearance 5.1 in
Fuel Capacity 3.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 51 mpg
Wet Weight*** 542 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha Bolt – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4 per cylinder), 60 degree, V-twin|
|Bore and Stroke|
|85 x 83 mm|
|8.2 kg-m (59.3 ft-lb) @ 3,000rpm|
|35 mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|21.6 kpl / 61 mpg (imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|TCI / Electric|
|41 mm fork / 120 mm (4.7″) wheel travel|
|Preload adjustable dual shocks / 70 mm (2.8″) wheel travel|
|298 mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|298 mm disc / single piston caliper|
|100/90 x 19 (tube type)|
|150/80 x 16 (tube type)|
|2,290 mm (90.2″)|
|830 mm (37.2″)|
|1,120 mm (44.1)|
|1,570 mm (61.8″)|
|Rake / Trail|
|29 degrees / 130 mm (5.1″)|
|690 mm (27.2″)|
|13 litres (2.9 Imp. gal.)|
|248 kg (547 lb.)|
2020 Yamaha Bolt – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).