Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2001 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade
– 2001 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade
The completely new 2001 Honda CBR929RR is the lightest, best-handling and most responsive open-class production sport bike in the world. For the rider who wants the best of the best, the CBR929RR is the must-have motorcycle of the new millennium.
· The CBR929RR produces more than 150 bhp at 11,000 rpm and weighs a feathery 170.4 kilograms dry.
· An all-new engine displacing 929cc show-cases Honda’s innovative power-producing technologies and pumps out a class-leading 160 bhp per litre.
· Completely new, lightweight, twin-spar extruded aluminum frame features a pivotless swingarm design utilizing a cast aluminum bracket attached to the swingarm pivots. This combination provides an exceptionally light, tuned-flex design offering superb road feel and excellent rigidity.
· Advanced programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) and electronic digital ignition maximize power output and offer immediate throttle response in any gear.
· Honda’s Variable Intake/Exhaust Management System (HVIX™) and Honda Titanium Exhaust Valve (HTEV™) manage intake and exhaust charges for maximum power, efficiency and rideability.
· All-new distinctive bodywork features a side-by-side three-headlight design, a narrow-profile fuel tank and a one-piece tail section.
· All-new 929cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline-four produces 20 percent more horsepower, 10 percent more torque and weighs 4.0 kilograms less than the previous CBR900RR engine.
· Ten-litre airbox has 35 percent greater volume than the previous design.
· Sixteen-valve cylinder head is one kilogram lighter than the previous design and features larger, 29mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves with an 11.3:1 compression ratio for efficient combustion and high horsepower.
· Narrow, 25 degree included valve angle (13 degree intake/12 degree exhaust) provides a direct path for the incoming air/fuel charge for improved engine breathing and increased power. The narrow angle also helps make the CBR929RR engine compact and light.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability, and allows 25,000 kilometre valve maintenance intervals.
· New forged steel camshafts are 600 grams lighter than the conventional cast design and are stronger due to carburizing and tempering.
· High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel to the injectors mounted in each 40mm throttle body at 50 psi. Fuel is delivered through four nozzle tips in each injector, producing a very fine spray and a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
· Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
· Forged pistons are 12 percent lighter than conventional cast design and are stronger in the piston boss and skirt area. Screen-printed LUB-Coat finish minimizes friction between the piston and cylinder.
· RC45™-inspired aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
· New crankshaft is one kilogram lighter than previous design, allowing the engine to rev rapidly for excellent acceleration.
· Electronic CPU provides two digital 3-D fuel injection maps for each cylinder and one digital 3-D ignition map for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
· Four transistorized direct-ignition coils integrate the spark plug cap and high tension lead to reduce weight 12.3 ounces and produce a high-voltage, long-duration spark for maximum performance at high power output levels.
· Honda’s Variable Intake/Exhaust Management System (HVIX) manages the intake and exhaust charges. An intake valve in the airbox maintains a constant-velocity, variable volume flow of cool, fresh air to the PGM-FI system. The unique Honda Titanium Exhaust Valve (HTEV) located in the exhaust collector provides the scavenging and power benefits of a 360-degree exhaust collector design at low to mid rpm, and transitions exhaust flow to a 180-degree collector design at engine speeds above 7500 rpm to maintain maximum power output.
· Round, liquid-cooled aluminum oil cooler is 13 ounces lighter than previous design and dissipates 6 percent more heat.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
· Lightweight curved aluminum radiator keeps engine temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
· New bearingless water pump features a high-efficiency design and is 6 ounces lighter than previous pump.
· Newly designed clutch cover integrates pulser cover and is 9.8 ounces lighter than previous clutch design. Additional weight savings of 4.2 ounces are realized in the redesign of the AC generator cover.
· Beautiful titanium exhaust header, titanium exhaust valve (HTEV) and titanium muffler with aluminum housing are stronger than previous stainless steel design and reduce total exhaust system weight by 3.0 kilograms.
· New nine-plate clutch design is compact and tough, featuring improved friction plate material.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission ratios are carefully matched to the engine’s power band.
· Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Completely new twin-spar extruded aluminum pivotless frame weighs one kilogram less than the previous CBR900RR frame and overall frame rigidity is increased 11 percent.
· Crankshaft to swingarm pivot distance is decreased 20mm, permitting a 21mm longer swingarm (551mm) for enhanced stability and handling.
· Tapered and braced box-section swingarm provides exceptional lateral and torsional rigidity. Overall rigidity is increased 21 percent over the previous design.
· A cast aluminum bracket reaches underneath the swingarm and attaches to the swingarm pivots, forming a D-shaped swingarm mounting enclosure that increases the regidity of the swingarm-to-engine mounting.
· New 43mm inverted aluminum-slider Honda Multi-Action System™ (HMAS) cartridge fork is 12.4 ounces lighter, features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability, and offers precise action and unparalleled rigidity.
· Pro-Link¨ rear suspension features a high-quality HMAS reservoir damper integrally cast with the shock body; spring preload, rebound damping and compression damping adjustability for superior rear wheel control.
· Braking system features huge, 330mm front discs floating on light aluminum pins with four-piston calipers, and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
· Brake calipers (two front, one rear) are a combined 6 ounces lighter than previous design and feature improved molydbenum/anodic oxide-coated pistons and teflon-coated rollback seals to enhance braking feel under repeated hard use.
· Aluminum-alloy super-light hollow-spoke wheels feature race-spec 3.5-17-inch front and 6.0-17-inch rear dimensions.
· Bridgestone BT001 and Michelin Pilot radials offer superb grip, linear steering characteristics and exceptional compliance.
· Unique bank-angle sensor shuts off fuel supply to PGM-FI system if the motorcycle tips over and is unaffected by bumps and vibration in normal operation.
· High-capacity 475-watt AC generator.
· Smaller, lighter and electrically quieter regulator/rectifier eliminates interference with sophisticated PGM-FI and ignition circuitry.
· Improved battery design is lighter and maintains output capacity for a longer period when inactive.
· Triple-headlight design features computer-designed multi-reflectors, one center-mounted 60W H7 low-beam bulb and two laterally placed 45W H4 high-beam bulbs, providing a broad lighting pattern and superb illumination.
· High-tech instrument display includes white-faced electronic tachometer, speedometer, LCD readouts for coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters and a clock.
· Redesigned front brake lever has a new compact adjuster design and incorporates the return spring in the master cylinder, reducing overall weight by 2 ounces.
· Key-lockable 6-litre rear cowl storage box is designed to hold most commonly available U-type and cable locking devices (not included).
· Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Tank pad.
· Magnetic tank bag.
· Cycle cover.
929cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
74mm X 54mm
11.3 : 1
DOHC, 4 valve, shim under bucket
PGM fuel injection with automatic choke
Computer-controlled with 3-dimensional mapping
O ring chain
43mm inverted cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 120mm travel
Pro-Link single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 135mm travel
Dual full-floating 330mm discs with four piston calipers
Single 220 mm disc with single piston calipers
815mm (32.1 in.)
1395mm (54.9 in.)
170.4 kg (374.8 lbs.)
18 litres (3.8 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.