Click photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
What better engine to power a 750cc performance cruiser than a V4 derived from Honda’s championship winning superbikes?
That’s right. The heart of every Magna is its high-revving, short-stroke V4. Blessed with four carburetors, four valves per cylinder and double overhead camshafts, Magna’s 748cc V4 spins to rpm other cruisers only dream about. Yet, with its 10.8:1 compression ratio and optimized bore/stroke configuration, the VF750’s abundant low-end torque is always ready.
It may sound like a superbike, but the Magna has cruiser ‘attitude’ with a low 710mm seat height, a detachable rear seat and a stretched 1,652mm wheelbase.
The VF750 Magna. The power cruiser with superbike credentials.
· Liquid-cooled, previous generation VFR-derived DOHC 90-degree V-4 is tuned for excellent mid-range power and torque.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· 360-degree crankshaft provides a distinctive custom V-4 feel and sound.
· Four 34mm carburetors offer excellent throttle response.
· Solid-state digital ignition system for high performance and no maintenance.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation gives high-rpm reliability and lengthens maintenance intervals.
· Combustion chamber and piston design allow a 10.8:1 compression ratio for optimum performance with regular fuel.
· Free-flowing, stylish four-into-four exhaust system enhances performance and looks.
· Compact, lightweight aluminum radiator helps stabilize engine temperature for optimal performance.
· Five-speed transmission provides around-town ease and economical freeway cruising.
· Rigid double-cradle steel frame positions engine low for superb handling and low, 710mm seat height.
· Large-diameter, 41mm cartridge front fork gives excellent control and a plush ride.
· Massive box-section swingarm.
· Chrome-plated dual rear shocks with five-position-adjustable spring preload.
· Five-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted with wide, low-profile tubeless tires.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Large-diameter disc front brake with twin-piston caliper.
· Wide, deep-cushion seat provides low seating position for comfort and confidence.
· Detachable passenger seat.
· Large, 13.5 litre fuel tank for extended cruising.
· Large valve cover and cylinder fins, plus many chromed and polished engine components.
· Halogen headlight.
· Maintenance-free battery.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Easy-to-read instruments include electronic tachometer.
· Helmet lock.
· Cruiser shield.
· Chrome backrest.
· Chrome rear carrier (square tube).
· Chrome engine guard.
· Magnetic tank bag.
· Cycle cover.
748cc liquid-cooled, 90-degree, V-four
Bore and Stroke
70mm x 48.6mm
DOHC; four valves per cylinder, shim-under-bucket
Four 34mm downdraft, flatslide CV
Five-speed, close ratio
41mm cartridge fork; 150mm travel
Dual shocks with five-way spring preload adjustability; 100mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
1652mm (65.0 in.)
710mm (28.0 in.)
229 kg (505 lbs.)
13.5 L (3.0 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.