Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki ZZ-R600
Get back to basics on the ZZR600. It’s a comfortable, affordable and sweet-handling middleweight with Ninja heritage all its own, including a responsive 599cc In-Line Four engine, a pressed-aluminum perimeter frame, protective bodywork and adjustable suspension. So bring on the winding roads. That’s Good Times™ country.
The 2003 Kawasaki NINJA® ZZR600 motorcycle allows sporting adventurers to have their cake and eat it too. Formerly named the NINJA® ZX-6 sportbike, the ZZR600 offers the best of both the sportbike and touring worlds. On one hand, it provides plenty of sportbike performance, but on the other, the ZZR600 offers a comfortable riding position and an affordable price. While the ZZR600 engine performs in a civilized manner, it’s also capable of AMA 600cc Supersport performance. Combined with a low seat height, spacious cockpit and wide power spread, the ZZR600 is a practical, all-around motorcycle.
– The ZZR600 is one of the best values in motorcycling today: Power, styling, economy and convenience.
– Ninja® credentials include: Powerful 599cc In-Line Four. Double Overhead Cams. 16 light- weight valves. Four semi-downdraft 36mm CVKD carburetors. Precise digital ignition.
– Twin Ram Air adds a performance boost by providing a large supply of cool dense air for the engine to breathe.
– The pressed-sheet aluminum perimeter frame delivers exceptional rigidity, precision, stability and control. The swingarm is constructed of sturdy box-section aluminum.
– The Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® rear suspension system delivers smooth comfort and control.
– Roomy ergonomics and a broad, well-padded seat make day-long journeys pure fun.
– Gas-charged shock features 3-way adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload.
– The 41mm conventional hydraulic front fork is adjustable for ride height and rebound damping.
– Instrumentation includes fuel and temperature gauges, warning lamps, push-to-cancel turn signals and a digital clock.
Engine type 4-stroke, In-Line Four
Bore x stroke 64 x 46.6mm
Compression Ratio 12.0:1
Valve system DOHC, 16 valves
Cooling system Liquid
Carburetion Keihin CVKD36 x 4
Ignition TCBI with digital advance
Transmission 6-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Frame type Perimeter, aluminum
Rake/trail 24.5°/96 mm (3.8 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm fork with adjustable preload and 4-way rebound damping
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with gas-charged shock, adjustable spring preload and 3-way rebound damping
Wheel travel, front/rear 119/130 mm (4.7/5.1 inches)
Tires, front, rear Tubeless radial; 120/60-ZR17; 160/60-ZR17
Brakes, front Dual 320mm semi-floating discs with dual 4-piston calipers
Brakes, rear Disc with single-piston caliper
Wheelbase 1430 mm (56.3 inches)
Seat height 780 mm (30.7 inches)
Fuel capacity 18 litres (4.0 gallons)
Dry weight 195 kg (430 pounds)
Colours Galaxy Silver or Candy Thunder Blue
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.