Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki DR-Z400E
Offroad DR-Z400E – 2003 DR-Z400EK3
White headlight cover and side covers.
– Narrow profile with smooth transitions between the tank, seat and bodywork.
– Chrome-moly steel frame is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank.
– A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
– Long travel, 49mm cartridge-style forks feature adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for all types of off-road terrain.
– A fully-adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control.
– Sure stopping power is supplied by a 250mm front disc brake with dual-piston caliper, and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
– Lightweight chrome-moly RM-style steel footpegs, and aluminum rims and hubs.
– 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong low-rpm power.
– Compact 4-valve cylinder head with 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28º included valve angle and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system.
– Automatic decompression system for quick/easy engine starts (also equipped with manual system).
– SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorous) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner with excellent heat transfer properties.
– Forged aluminum piston is 10% lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet.
– Quick throttle response is provided by a Keihin™ FCR39 carburetor fed by 6-liter airbox.
– The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
– Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
– Electric start DR-Z400E features a lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery. (Note: Kickstart system kit available – can be added to electric-start model, but does not replace electric start system. See the Suzuki Genuine A
– Off-road lighting includes a bright 55-watt headlight and an innovative LED-type taillight. The compact, bright and durable taillight features bright-red LEDs
– LED implanted in a flexible base.
– Additional weight savings with magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover.
Engine: 398 cc, four-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid cooled. 48 hp (35 kW)/ 9,000 rpm, 41 Nm/ 7,500 rpm. Kickstart only.
Warranty: 6 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 90 x 62.6 mm
Compression ratio: 12.2:1
Fuel System: Keihin™ FCR39
Final Drive: #520 chain
Overall Length: 2235 mm (88.0 in.)
Overall Width: 825 mm (32.5 in.)
Overall Height: 1245 mm (49.0 in.)
Seat Height: 945mm (37.2 in.)
Ground Clearance: 325mm (12.8 in.)
Wheelbase: 1475 mm (58.1 in.)
Dry Weight: 119kg (262 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, cartridge-type, oil-damped, adjustable preload, 14-way compression damping and 18-way rebound damping
REAR: Link-type, fully-adjustable spring preload, adjustable high/low compression dampimg and adjustable rebound damping
FRONT: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 10 liter (2.6 gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.