Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki GSX-R600
Sportbike GSX-R600 – 2003 GSX-R600K3
2002 AMA 600 Supersport Champion
– Aerodynamic bodywork features reduced frontal area, compact headlight/taillight and turn signals, plus a small lightweight tail section.
– New-generation fuel injection system with 16-bit ECM for quick processing speed, and detailed mapping for high fuel efficiency and smooth throttle response
– Compact instrument cluster features a step-motor-driven analog tach. and digital speedometer – also includes LCD odometer-tripmeters, coolant temp., clock and EFI diagnostics.
– Frame geometry and swingarm length are designed for more forward weight distribution for quick turning ability, rear wheel traction and straight-line tracking – frame is lightweight and compact for optimum balance between rigidity & weight.
– Cartridge-type front forks with 43mm inner tubes and fully adjustable damping and spring preload.
– Fully adjustable piggy-back shock absorber features an aluminum body and heat compensation system for more consistent damping performance.
– Lightweight 4-piston front brake calipers with aluminum-alloy pistons.
– Three-spoke design cast aluminum wheels
– Compact & lightweight 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine is lightweight and compact.
– Cylinder head features a narrow 28° included valve angle (13° intake, 15° exhaust), creating a more compact combustion chamber, higher compression ratio and a straighter intake tract for improved power.
– Throttle body design positions the injectors at a steep 60° angle for an optimum fuel spray pattern and fuel atomization, increased power and sharp throttle response.
– Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) maintains more accurate air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and improved engine torque.
– Specially shaped ram-air intake ducts feed a large 8 liter airbox and flat-panel air filter for optimum intake airflow.
– One-piece cylinder block and upper crankcase section form a strong, lightweight structure that eliminates the need for external oil lines to the cylinder head.
– Durable SCEM-plated cylinders house lightweight forged pistons with low-tension rings to reduce friction.
– Lightweight stainless steel 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system with bolt-on aluminum muffler.
– Large radiator and aluminum oil cooler, both with high cooling capacity.
– Close-ratio 6-speed transmission and high capacity coil spring-type clutch.
– Additional weight reduction through small diameter crankshaft journals, lightweight conrods, camshafts and narrow diameter valve stems.
– Lightweight magnesium valve cover, magneto cover, drive sprocket cover, clutch cover and starter clutch cover.
Engine: 599cc,4-stroke,four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC,16-valve, TSCC. 115 hp (85 kW)/ 13 000 rpm, 67.6 Nm / 10.800 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Bore & Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
Compression ratio: 12.2:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2040mm (80.3 in.)
Overall Width: 715mm (28.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1135mm (44.6 in.)
Seat Height: 830mm (32.7 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1400mm (55.1 in.)
Dry Weight: 163kg (359 lbs.) 164kg (361 lbs.) CA. model
FRONT: Cartridge-type, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
REAR: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Silver/Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.