Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki SV1000S
Sportbike SV1000S – 2003 SV1000SK3
Stunning new sport machine with proven Suzuki V-twin performance and slim chassis design.
– Sleek half fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights and folding mirrors.
– Compact instrument cluster includes analog tach, LCD speedometer, odometer/tripmeters, and temperature gauge, plus LCD clock and low fuel warning light.
– Steeply-angled tail section houses unique vertically-styled, high visibility LED taillight
– Narrow, lightweight aluminum truss-style frame is constructed using high-vacuum die-cast process for more consistent strength and fewer individual welded sections.
– Cast aluminum handlebars connect to a fully adjustable 46 mm, cartridge-style front fork with 4.72 inches of wheel travel for sport performance and a comfortable ride.
– Aluminum swingarm and link-type rear suspension features a fully adjustable piggyback style shock absorber with 5.12 inches of wheel travel.
– Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and four-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 220mm rotor and dual-piston rear caliper.
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels – F: 3.50 x 17 with 120/17 radial tire, R: 5.5 x 17 with 180/55 rear tire.
– Large under-seat storage area, passenger grab-bar and tie-down hooks.
– 4.7 gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light.
– Liquid-cooled, 996cc 90 degree V-twin, DOHC 8-valve engine – tuned for exceptional low-to-mid rpm throttle response and torque.
– Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV)- maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output. Includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS).
– New 32-bit ECM with 22-trigger pole rpm sensor, provides more precise control of ignition timing and injector operation for each cylinder.
– Large, 52mm throttle bodies are fed by a 9.0 liter airbox with a flat-panel air filter for easy maintenance.
– Pulsed-air injection system (PAIR) helps reduce emissions.
– Semi-gear driven valve system simplifies maintenance and minimizes cam sprocket size and engine height for optimum engine placement.
– Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates 36 mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves set at a narrow 29 degree included valve angle – produces a compact combustion chamber and 11.3:1 compression ratio.
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
– Six-speed transmission features a wide diameter, hydraulically-operated clutch with back-torque limiter system. Clutch cover includes a new large-volume crankcase breather system.
– High efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operation temperature – includes compact oil cooler
– Lightweight magnesium valve covers, ignition cover, and sound deadening plastic outer clutch cover.
– Attractive stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum mufflers is tuned to enhance the engine’s power characteristics torque output.
Engine: 996, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90 degree V-Twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC. 116 hp (85.4 kW)/ 8,500 rpm, 102 Nm/ 7.000 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 98.0 x 66.0mm
Compression ratio: 11.3:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: 530 Chain
Overall Length: 2130mm (83.9 in.)
Overall Width: 730mm (28.7 in.)
Overall Height: 1170mm (46.1 in.)
Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
Ground Clearance: 140mm (5.5 in.)
Wheelbase: 1435mm (56.5 in.)
Dry Weight: 189kg (417 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, cartridge-type, adjustable preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping
REAR: Link-type, adjustable preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
FRONT: 120/70 ZR-17
REAR: 180/55 ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.7 gal.)
Color: Silver, Orange
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.