2005 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
Back to 2005 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
The Shadow Spirit is a cruiser taking its styling cues from classic choppers of old. A pullback handlebar, bobbed rear fender, cruiser footpegs and a powerful V-twin engine make this as fun to stare at as it is to ride.
Thanks to a brawny 1099cc 45° V-twin engine, the Shadow Spirit delivers performance to match its classic styling and low-slung good looks.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
– New Candy Red color joins classic Black.
– The Shadow(r) Spirit’s offset-dual-crankpin, smooth-running 1099cc 45° V-twin engine pumps out massive low-end and mid-range power.
– The engine’s broad power delivery and five-speed transmission offer exceptional rideability around town and on the open road.
– Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power output at all rpm.
– High-capacity nine-plate clutch with cable operation.
– Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
– Other maintenance-free features include digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
– Reliable electric-starter system.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, virtually maintenance-free operation.
– Specially designed steel frame gives the Shadow Spirit(tm) a long, low custom stance.
– Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 6.3 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
– Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a heavy-duty drum rear brake provide excellent stopping power.
– Strong and lightweight five-spoke cast alloy wheels.
– Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
– Relaxed, comfortable riding position results from a long, low chassis and low, 28.7-inch seat height.
– Large, 4.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Custom saddle and padded passenger backrest offer a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
– Powerful halogen headlight.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
– Polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
– Chromed side panels and dual staggered mufflers.
– Maintenance-free YTX battery.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
– Touring accessories: Cruiser Shield, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black).
– Chrome accessories: Backrest with Pad, Rear Carrier (two types), Radiator Trim, Backrest Trim, Clutch Lever Bracket, Lever Bracket Holders, Horn, Handlebar Levers, Oil Filler Cap, Front Fender Ornament.
– Billet accessories: Backrest Trim, Front Tank Mount Cover, Driveshaft Bolt Cover, Oil Filler Cap, Ignition and Clutch Cover Set, Master Cylinder Cap, Oil Dipstick, License Plate Frame.
– Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 1099cc liquid-cooled 45o V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 87.5mm x 91.4mm
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Two 36mm CV
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 6.3 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Tires Front: 110/90-19
Wheelbase: 65.0 inches
Seat Height: 28.7 inches
Dry Weight: 553 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
Colors: Candy Red, Black
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.