2005 Kawasaski Vulcan 800 Classic
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
With the pulse of a 805cc V-twin engine, valanced fenders and chrome wire wheels, the Kawasaki Vulcan® 800 Classic motorcycle features the style and unlimited customizing potential of its 1500 Classic sibling.
The heart of the Vulcan 800 Classic is the 805cc V-twin engine, which features a single-pin crankshaft and a gear-driven balancer to reduce vibration. Finned cylinders and four-valve heads are liquid cooled for optimum thermal control. Concealed automatic cam chain tensioners preserve the engine’s clean lines, while simultaneously allowing maintenance-free, precise cam timing. A spin-on oil filter also helps keep maintenance at a minimum.
A 36mm Keihin carburetor equipped with an accelerator pump gives the Vulcan 800 Classic its quick throttle response. To take advantage of the engine’s broad torque curve, the five-speed transmission enhances the strong acceleration and creates a relaxed engine pace at highway speeds. The transmission also features Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder, which simplifies finding neutral while at a standstill.
The single-backbone, double-cradle frame gives the Vulcan 800 Classic stability at highway speeds and maneuverability on city streets. At the rear of the frame, a sleek, triangular steel swingarm and hidden Kawasaki UNI-TRAK® linkage rear suspension system provide a smooth ride while maintaining the look of a hard-tail cruiser. Up front, the 41mm fork aids handling and offers a wide stance for the classic cruiser look.
Features & Benefits
V-Twin 805cc Engine with Gear-Driven Balancer
– Torque from idle to redline
– Balancer allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
Four Valves Per Cylinder
– Better breathing for more power and low end torque
– Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
Liquid and Air Cooling
– Finned cylinders and heads combine with liquid cooling to maintain consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
– Ratios designed for great acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
– Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder
36mm CVK Side Draft Carburetor
– Equipped with an accelerator pump for quick throttle response
– Two-stage air intake with paper air filter element
– Right down-tube unbolts for easy engine access
– High tensile steel for strength and light weight
Low Stepped Seat
– Confidence inspiring, both-feet-on-the-ground stability
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Compact and modern instrument cluster with nostalgic style
Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition with Digital Timing Advance (TCBI)
– A hot spark at all engine speeds for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
41mm Front Fork
– Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
– Wide fork pitch for classic look
Disc Front Brake
– A single 300mm disc with hydraulic caliper keeps the front end lean while providing sure stops
48-Spoke Custom Wheels
– Chromed steel rims and spokes with “spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Single shock absorber with seven-way cam-type preload adjuster
Sleek Swingarm Design
– Triangulated, steel swingarm provides “hard tail” appearance
– Engineered for rigidity, provides more precise handling with good tire and chain life
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, V-twin, 8 valves
Bore x stroke: 88 x 66.2mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK36
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail: 32° / 4.8 in.
Suspension, front: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with seven-way preload adjustment
Wheel travel, front: 5.9 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.9 in.
Tire, front: 130/90 x 16 tubeless
Tire, rear: 140/90 x 16 tubeless
Brakes, front / rear: Hydraulic disc / Mechanical drum
Overall length: 93.5 in.
Overall width: 36.6 in.
Overall height: 44.5 in.
Ground clearance: 5.3 in.
Seat height: 27.8 in.
Dry weight: 516 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 63.0 in.
Colors: Pearl Luster Beige, Candy Persimmon Red