2006 Honda CRF70F
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda CRF70F
With big-bike motocrosser styling, a low seat height and a three-speed transmission with automatic clutch, the CRF70F is the ideal choice for growing riders.
Features & Benefits
– Fuel-efficient SOHC 72cc four-stroke engine offers easy-to-use power and a high level of dependability.
– 13mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent rideability and high fuel mileage.
– Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
– #420 drive chain is tough and durable.
– Three-speed constant-mesh transmission with automatic clutch for easy takeoffs and shifting.
– Lightweight and rigid backbone frame configuration.
– Smooth-action 27mm front fork provides 3.2 inches of suspension travel for confident control over rugged trails.
– Triangulated swingarm with single shock is durable and offers 3.5 inches of rear wheel travel.
– Brakes are compact, lightweight and feature leading-/trailing-shoe-design front and rear.
– Knobby tires offer excellent grip and long life.
– CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Keyed ignition switch provides added security.
– Chrome, steel-spoked wheels combine with Honda Racing styling and graphics to look like the bigger CRFs and XR™s.
– CR®-style seat shape accommodates a broad range of rider sizes.
– Small and lightweight feel combine with low seat height to inspire confidence in younger riders.
– Tough and durable plastic body parts.
– Motocross-style handlebar with crossbar.
– Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
– Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
– Front suspension features new dual-rate springs and revised damping rates for improved rider comfort and bump absorption.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 72cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47mm x 41.4mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Carburetion: 13mm piston-valve
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/36T
Front: 27mm telescopic fork; 3.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 3.5 inches travel
Wheelbase: 42.0 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.03°
Trail: 61.5mm (2.4 inches)
Seat Height: 26.1 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.0 inches
Dry Weight: 128 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gallons, including 0.3-gallon reserve
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
Suggested Retail Price: $1,599.00