2006 Kawasaki KDX200
Back to 2006 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Kawasaki KDX200
2006 Kawasaki KDX200
One of the most favored off-road motorcycles of all time is the Kawasaki KDX™200. That’s because its friendly yet spirited powerband and great handling chassis make it the ultimate trail bike.
The KDX200’s 198cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine features Kawasaki’s Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®), which helps spread power over a wide rpm range. The compact engine is supported by a high-tensile steel perimeter frame, which is based on Kawasaki’s championship-winning KX™ motocross models. The 26.5-degree steering angle and short wheelbase contribute to the KDX200’s quick-handling nature, and advanced suspension components give it a smooth ride over a wide range of terrain.
The KDX200 comes fully loaded with enough equipment to make it at home on any of America’s designated trail systems. Standard fare includes headlight and taillight, hand guards to fend off brush, snail-type chain adjusters for quick rear-wheel removal and chain adjustment, an odometer, a rear fender bag for tools or other supplies, a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor and a large-but-slim, 2.9-gallon fuel tank with reserve petcock. The durable KDX200 also comes with a six-month limited warranty and is eligible for the optional 24- or 36-month Kawasaki Good Times™ Protection Plan.
Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
Bore x stroke: 66.0 x 58.0mm
Compression ratio: 7.9:1 (high speed) – 9.4:1 (low speed)
Carburetion: Keihin PWK35
Induction: Six-petal reed valve
Ignition: Electronic CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design
Rake / trail: 26.5 degrees / 4.3 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm conventional cartridge fork with 20-way compression damping / 11.4 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single-shock system with adjustable spring preload, 20-way compression damping and 18-way rebound damping /
Front tire: 80/100×21
Rear tire: 100/100×18
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 83.5 in.
Overall width: 35.0 in.
Overall height: 48.4 in.
Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
Ground clearance: 13.4 in.
Seat height: 36.2 in.
Dry weight: 222.6 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 2.9 gal.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green / Black
*Specifications are subject to change.
– Proven power and durability
– Connecting rod is strengthened by being carburized over its entire length
– Cylinder head mounted to the frame at two points to reduce vibration
– Crankshaft balance ratio of 78 percent cuts vibration felt by the rider
– Hollows in the crankshaft flywheels have lightweight covers to increase the primary compression ratio, which helps low- and mid-range power and sharpens throttle response
KIPS® with Guillotine Exhaust Valve
– Produces good torque and power over the entire rev range
– Increases piston sealing and compression
– Dual radiators have the capacity to handle the powerful engine’s heat output
– Water pump has a mechanical-type seal for durability
– Assures greater reliability
– Six speeds provide a gear for every situation
– Smooth shifting for ease of use
– Oil level window provided
43mm Conventional Cartridge Fork
– 20-way compression damping for greater adjustability
– Chamfered fork bushings and pistons help eliminate stiction to soak up tiny “stutter” bumps
– Cast aluminum upper and forged aluminum lower triple clamps hold the 43mm diameter tubes in rigid alignment
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
– Based on the race-winning KX™ perimeter frame, the KDX™200 frame is built of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel
– Box-section top frame members tie the steering head directly to the swingarm pivot for outstanding rigidity and strength
– The 26.5-degree steering head angle and short wheelbase contribute to quick handling
– Straight line ability is not sacrificed for quick handling, thanks to the incredible frame rigidity
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Nitrogen-filled, aluminum-body, remote-reservoir rear shock has 20-way compression and 18-way rebound damping, and adjustable threaded spring pre-load
– Temperature-compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions
Dual Box-section Aluminum Swingarm
– Thin wall swingarm is built of cast and extruded pieces for extreme rigidity
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Floating front disc brake is similar to the KX motocross line
– Twin-piston front caliper provides excellent stopping power
Enduro and Trail Equipment
– Headlight and taillight for long rides or enduro competition requirements
– Odometer to track progress
– Large 2.9-gallon tank allows great range, but is narrow for comfort and includes reserve petcock
– Rear fender bag for tools or snacks
– Hand guards for rider protection
– Snail-type chain adjusters for quick wheel changes and chain adjustments
– U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor keeps the KDX200 environmentally friendly
MSRP $4,199 USD