2007 Honda CRF250X
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda CRF250X
2007 Honda CRF250X
Winning magazine shootouts as well as the hearts of serious off-road riders, the CRF250X offers a rare combination of light weight and tractable power in one of the best handling packages in the off-road world.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
– New cylinder-head porting inspired by the CRF®250R.
– New piston and rings from the CRF250R.
– Revised ignition mapping.
– Carburetor features new accelerator pump and linkage for improved throttle response.
– New one-piece cover protects throttle cable by keeping out dirt and water.
– New front hub is lighter and stronger.
– Stronger clutch basket and clutch center for improved wear resistance.
– Lighter weight rear chain guide.
– Electric start system for easy starting in all conditions.
– Gas-tank capacity is 2.2 gallons.
– Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
– USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
– Powerful 35w halogen headlight features an innovative lens for a wide range of illumination.
– Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
– Convenient sidestand.
– Easy-access air filter.
– Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
– Suspension tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
– 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
– T-ring-sealed chain is narrower, stronger and lighter compared to conventional O-ring chains.
– Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for easy-to-control operation.
– Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
– Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor system provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.
– Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 58.2 pounds.
– Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam design and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
– Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 31mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction, roller rocker-arm.
– Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
– Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
– ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
– Forged 12.9:1 compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
– Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
– Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
– 37mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
– Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
– Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
– Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
– Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
– Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design, and coolant recovery tank.
– Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
– T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower and is stronger compared to conventional chains.
– Durable five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
– Fourth-generation twin-spar aluminum frame is derived from Honda’s CR® series. Forged-aluminum steering head and tapered downtube section are designed to optimize frame rigidity. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and narrow frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
– Semi-double-cradle frame design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged-aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
– The aluminum frame design is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control.
– Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross-member.
– 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on the CRF250R.
– Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
– Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
– Lightweight 47mm inverted Showa twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers is derived from the CRF250R but features settings unique to the CRF250X. The fork offers 12.4 inches of travel, and 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives the same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
– Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 12.4 inches of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters, and 17-position rebound damping.
– Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
– Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
– HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a remote master cylinder reservoir and hose assembly.
– Large 240mm front and rear brake discs.
– All plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer slim, aggressive styling and light weight.
– Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
– Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
– “Non-slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
– Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
– Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
– Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
– CR handlebar holders provide three different mounting positions: standard CRF250X holder (CRF450R/CR125R/CRF250R-type) provides +/- 3mm fore or aft position to match rider preference, and optional holder (CR250R-type) provides neutral position.
– Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
– Adjustable front brake lever.
– Quick-adjust clutch.
– Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
– Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
– Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
– Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
– Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
– Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
– Honda Racing™-inspired colors and graphics.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 78mm x 52.2mm
Compression Ratio: 12.9:1
Valve Train: Unicam; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 37mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
Starting: Electric and kick
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/49T
Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.9°
Trail: 118mm (4.7 inches)
Seat Height: 37.7 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.6 inches
Dry Weight: 225 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gallons
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
|2007 Honda Enduro Pricing
Prices are subject to change without notice.