2007 Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe
2007 Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe
Cruiser fans looking for classic styling, an incredibly low seat height and a readily affordable price can find it all in the Shadow VLX and VLX Deluxe.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
– New Light Pearl Blue Metallic color joins Candy Dark Red on the Shadow® VLX Deluxe model.
Unique Shadow VLX Deluxe feature
– Brilliant chrome finish on cylinder-head covers, right and left engine covers, and left-rear engine cover.
– 583cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
– Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
– Coolant-heated carburetor is tuned for excellent power and rideability.
– Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
– Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Wide-ratio four-speed transmission.
– Dual exhaust system offers a rumbling sound and custom appearance.
– Reliable electric starting system.
– CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Double-cradle steel frame allows a long wheelbase, and a low seat height of just 25.6 inches.
– 39mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
– Specially designed swingarm gives the bike a custom, hardtail look.
– Rear shock has seven-position spring preload adjustability.
– Single-disc front brake with twin-piston caliper and a drum rear brake.
– Chrome-plated rims and spokes.
– Massive 170/80-15 rear tire offers excellent grip and provides a low, custom look.
– Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
– Chromed handlebar and forward-mounted footpegs are rubber-mounted for reduced vibration and offer a comfortable riding position.
– Custom-style seat is wide and low in the rear and narrow in the front, with dense foam to provide a comfortable 25.6-inch seat height.
– Chrome-plated halogen headlight.
– Simple, easy-to-read instrumentation.
– Helmet lock and tool kit.
– Soft, comfortable handgrips.
– Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
– Standard fork lock.
– 12-volt maintenance-free battery.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
– Touring accessories:
Cruiser Shield, Backrest with Pad, Rear Carrier Rack (Round Tube) and Rear Carrier Rack (Square Tube).
– Chrome accessories:
Oil Filler Cap, Backrest Emblems, Footpegs, Backrest Trim, Radiator Guard, Lever Set and Air Cleaner Cover Emblem.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Model: VT600C (Standard) / VT600CD (Deluxe)
Engine Type: 583cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 75mm x 66mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 34mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio four-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 39mm fork; 5.7 inches travel
Rear: Single shock with seven-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 63.0 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 35°
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.6 inches
Dry Weight: 452 pounds (VT600C) / 458 pounds (VT600CD)
Fuel Capacity: 2.9 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
VT600CD: Light Pearl Blue Metallic, Candy Dark Red
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.