2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
KAWASAKI’S VULCAN® 1600 NOMAD™ BRINGS POWER AND STYLE TO THE TOURING CRUISER UNIVERSE
Sleek saddlebags and touring windscreen for the open road
Kawasaki’s Nomad™ has always been a popular choice among touring-cruiser enthusiasts. However, the current Nomad builds on the original concept with significantly more power and comfort than the original. Highlighted by a stronger frame and excellent power from a 95 cubic inch V-Twin, the Nomad offers extensive touring features, a stylish appearance and excellent riding dynamics.
A gear-driven engine counter balancer and well-designed engine mounts reduce handlebar and floorboard vibration, yet these features do not interfere with the engine’s distinctive V-twin rumble or power-pulse feeling from its single-pin crankshaft.
The 1600 Nomad’s steering geometry is designed so that the motorcycle feels more neutral at low speeds, as when maneuvering in parking lots, while an air-adjustable rear suspension allows the Nomad to maintain that correct geometry when loaded with a passenger and luggage.
The 1600 Nomad is highlighted by several chrome and comfort features: Chrome engine guards are standard and a thick passenger seat includes a backrest and aluminum grab bars. Floorboards for the passenger combine to make long-distance rides more comfortable and pleasurable.
Self-canceling turn signals, a 5.3-gallon fuel tank, topped by an elegant electronic speedometer and LED odometer/tripmeter display let Nomad owners fully enjoy their ride. Streamlined hard saddlebags provide generous storage for those hard-to-resist overnight rides. Plus, standard features such as an adjustable windshield, plush air-assisted rear suspension and adjustable levers tailor the Nomad to its rider.
– Engine displacement of 1,552cc/95 cu. in. for more torque
– Digital Fuel Injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
– Four valves per cylinder provide maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Dual mufflers allow more clearance for saddlebags
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
– Auxiliary fan keeps things cool during all operating conditions
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft for the desirable power-pulse feeling
– All but eliminates engine vibration at all speeds
– Great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
– Positive neutral finder, just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily
Triple Disc Brakes
– Dual discs up front for maximum stopping power
– Large, single rear disc because touring bikes carry so much of the load on the rear wheel
5.3-Gallon Fuel Tank
– Rounded-edge finish for clean, upscale look
– Large capacity for extended touring range
– Reliable, clean and quiet low-maintenance system
Air-Adjustable Rear Shocks
– Rebound damping is four-way adjustable to tailor fit the ride
Large, Adjustable Windshield
– Large windshield gives excellent rider and passenger weather protection
– Windshield is adjustable up and down two inches
– Heavy-duty chromed support hardware holds the windshield rock steady
– Designed for easy packing, these saddlebags carry an amazing amount of gear
– Lockable, side-open design for smooth looks and quick access
– Soft, removable inner bags available as an optional accessory
– Color-matched for integrated style
– Floorboards, standard backrest and thick seat provide maximum passenger comfort on long rides
Engine: Four-stroke, air/liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, 50-degree V-twin
Displacement: 1,552cc / 95ci
Bore x stroke: 102.0mm x 95.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Induction: Digital fuel injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI dual plug with digital advance
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail 32 degrees/ 7.2 in.
Front Suspension / wheel travel:: 41mm hydraulic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Dual air-assisted shocks with four-way rebound damping / 3.9 in.
Tire, front: 150/80×16
Tire, rear: 170/70×16
Brakes, front / rear: Dual 300mm hydraulic discs / 300mm disc
Overall length: 99.0 in.
Overall width: 40.9 in.
Overall height: 59.3 in.
Seat height: 28.3 in.
Dry weight: 772 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
Wheelbase: 66.5 in.
MSRP / Color choices: $12,899 Ebony; $13,099 Ebony / Metallic Titanium, Candy Cardinal Red / Metallic Titanium